Search Results for: red meat
May 1, 2013
- Red Meat and Heart Disease | Video
- A new study shows a link between a nutrient found in red meat and heart disease. L-carnitine, found in red meat and also a popular supplement, is being tied to heart disease. Dr. Nathan Laufer of the Heart & Vascular Center of Arizona will talk about the new findings.
June 19, 2007
- Repackaged Beef Could Contain E.coli
- Public health officials continue to warn the public about the expansion of a USDA ground beef recall because of concerns that repackaged meat by grocery stores may contain E. coli. Arizona Department of Health Services’ Will Humble joins HORIZON to talk about the recall.
May 7, 2007
- Meat Lab
- A look at the University of Arizona Meat Science Laboratory. Students and faculty deal with the issues related to feeding our society’s appetite for meat.