Search Results for: recovery
March 11, 2015
- Retail Vacancy Rates | Video
- As another sign of the Valley’s economic recovery, retail vacancy rates for Metropolitan Phoenix have fallen into the single-digit range for the first time since 2008. That’s according to recent retail studies by commercial real estate firm CBRE’s Phoenix office. CBRE Vice President Greg Abbott will discuss the Valley’s 9.6 percent retail vacancy rate.
July 4, 2014
- Economic Special | Video
- An ASU Research professor will talk about why the nation has recovered jobs lost during the economic downturn but Arizona has not. ASU’s Morrison Institute has released a new report about making the Sun Corridor more competitive globally and with other states. The Global Cities Initiative is a joint project that aims to help metropolitan areas strengthen their international connections.
June 12, 2014
- Arizona Jobs Recovery | Video
- Arizona is lagging behind the national economy in recovering jobs lost during the Great Recession. Arizona State University Research Professor Lee McPheters, director of the JPMorgan Chase Economic Outlook Center at the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, will talk about why the nation has recovered jobs lost during the economic downturn but Arizona has not.
May 12, 2014
- Economic Update | Video
- Arizona State University economists say the state is still at least two years away from a full economic recovery. Economist Dennis Hoffman of the W. P. Carey School of Business will discuss the midyear economic forecast.
May 6, 2014
- Real Estate Update | Video
- Although home sales are currently lower right now than at this time last year, recovery may be around the corner. Mike Orr, director of the Center for Real Estate Theory and Practice at the W. P. Carey School of Business, will discuss his latest report.
November 28, 2012
- Housing Recovery Research | Video
- Assistant Professor of Real Estate Andra Ghent of ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business talks about her research that takes a look at different mortgage laws across the nation and how they help or hinder recovery from the housing crisis.
April 23, 2012
- Japan Tsunami Relief & Photography | Video
- Last spring, ASU photography major Airi Katsuta travelled to Japan to volunteer in the earthquake/tsunami recovery effort. Now, she’s selling 1,000 origami cranes to raise money for a return trip to continue her volunteer work. Katsuta talks about her experience in Japan, and she shares some of the photographs she captured during her stay.
April 9, 2012
- Commercial Real Estate Recovery | Video
- A new 10-story high rise is coming to Tempe Town Lake. It’s good news for Tempe, but is it also a signal that the Valley’s commercial real estate market is finally recovering after taking a beating during the recession? Mark Winkleman, chief operating officer of ML Manager LLC, provides a market update.
December 13, 2011
- Economic Forecast for 2012 | Video
- It looks as if the economic recovery is continuing, although at a slow pace. Arizona State University economists Robert Mittelstaedt and Dennis Hoffman and economist Elliott Pollack will take a look back at the 2011 economy and a look forward at the 2012 outlook.
September 1, 2011
- Arizona Tax Recovery | Video
- The Arizona Department of Revenue is giving taxpayers an opportunity pay back taxes owed to the State without penalty from September 1 through October 1, 2011. ADOR spokesman Anthony Forschino explains the Tax Recovery Program.
April 20, 2011
- Arizona Economy | Video
- The economy is recovering, but it’s a slow recovery. Economist Elliott Pollack will discuss the latest trends.
April 19, 2010
- Arizona’s Job Recovery Act | Video
- A discussion on the merits of House Bill 2250 which seeks to grow jobs and attract businesses with tax incentives. Guests include Glenn Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Dana Wolfe Naimark, President and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance, who’s representing the Arizona Budget Coalition.
January 26, 2010
- Arizona’s Job Recovery Act | Video
- ASU Economist Dennis Hoffman shares his views on a bill (HB 2250) making its way through the state legislature that seeks to create new jobs with tax incentives and tax cuts.
January 6, 2010
- Arizona Job Recovery | Video
- Economist Elliott Pollack discusses a job recovery report his firm recently prepared for the Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives.
The report contains a list of recommendations to grow high quality jobs and improve Arizona’s economy.
July 15, 2008
- Artificial Cervical Disc | Video
- An amazing new implant gives patients relief from degenerative disc disease. We take you through one Valley woman's surgery and recovery.