Search Results for: ready
April 20, 2015
- Arizona Education: College Career Readiness | Video
- Getting students ready for college begins well before they enter institutions of higher education. We’ll take a look at one group helping get students ready for college, College Bound AZ. There will also be a discussion on the topic with Elizabeth Paulus, founder of College Bound AZ and Dr. Sally Downey, Superintendent of the East Valley Institute of Technology.
September 30, 2013
- Affordable Care Act | Video
- Registration for the Health Insurance Marketplace starts October 1. The regional administrator for Arizona’s Medicaid program, David Sayen, will discuss the Marketplace, how it works, and how Arizonans without health insurance can get ready to enroll in coverage.
September 25, 2013
- appsFreedom Mobile Cloud Software | Video
- appsFreedom is a Chandler-based company that has ready-to-use app templates and a mobile application development platform to help companies develop their own, secure mobile apps that are also available for use on laptops and office computers. Vaidy Iyer, Chief Executive Officer of appsFreedom, will talk about his company.
September 11, 2013
- Health Insurance Marketplace | Video
- The regional administrator for Arizona’s Medicaid program will be in the state Wednesday and Thursday to talk about the Health Insurance Marketplace. David Sayen’s agency will be in charge of the health exchange in Arizona, and he will discuss the Marketplace, how it works, and how Arizonans without health insurance, or who buy their own insurance, can get ready to enroll in coverage.
September 19, 2012
- Move on When Ready | Video
- More Arizona schools are getting involved in the second year of a national pilot program designed to allow high school students to move on to college or advanced coursework as early as their sophomore year. Dr. Sybil Francis, Executive Director of the Center for the Future of Arizona, provides an update on the Move on When Ready initiative.
May 3, 2012
- J.T. Ready | Video
- The suspected shooter in Wednesday’s murder-suicide in Gilbert, that left five people dead, is a man with past ties to a neo-Nazi organization. He was also the founder of an armed vigilante group that patrolled Arizona’s southern border for illegal immigrants. Learn more about J.T. Ready and the status of hate groups in Arizona from Bill Straus, Executive Director of the Arizona Anti-Defamation League.
December 15, 2011
- Move on When Ready | Video
- 14 Arizona schools are participating in the Move on When Ready initiative designed to prepare students for college and careers as early as their sophomore year of high school. It’s part of a national pilot program that seeks to make American high schools more globally competitive and more responsive to students' individual needs. Learn more about the program from Center for the Future of Arizona Executive Director Dr. Sybil Francis, Yuma Union High School District Superintendent Toni Badone and Helios Education Foundation President and CEO Paul Luna.
May 6, 2010
- Move on When Ready | Video
- State lawmakers passed a bill that allows high school students to advance academically and move on to college or career and technical study when they prove they’re capable of doing so. Learn more about “Move on When Ready” with program advocate Sybil Francis, executive director of the Center for the Future of Arizona.
April 28, 2009
- Swine Flu | Video
- What is Arizona doing to get ready for the swine flu and is the problem as bad as it is being portrayed? Arizona Acting State Health Director Will Humble discusses the swine flu.
December 17, 2008
December 16, 2008
- ADOC-Award-winning Prison Program | Video
- Dora Schriro, Director of the Arizona Department of Corrections, talks about the department's award-winning program to prepare inmates to leave prison and re-enter society. The program, "Getting Ready: Keeping Communities Safe," recently won a "2008 Innovations in American Government Award" from the Harvard Kennedy School.
October 30, 2008
- Voting Preparation | Video
- What kind of identification do you need when voting? Where do you vote? Those are just some of the questions that Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell answers as she helps our viewers get ready to vote.
January 17, 2008
- Recession? | Video
- Is the economy in a recession? The state's jobless rate is up again, and the Federal Reserve chairman is indicating Feds are ready to pull the trigger on another interest rate cut. Debra Roubik, an economist with Grand Canyon University, will tell us why she thinks we are actually coming out of a recession.
November 19, 2007
- super Bowl: Beyond the End Zone
- The city of Glendale is working 24/7 to prepare for the 2008 Super Bowl. From public safety, to sanitation, to marketing, Glendale is getting ready for visitors, residents and the eyes of the world to focus on the city for the big game. In the area around the stadium, there are nine new hotels under development. Glendale mayor Elaine Scruggs joins HORIZON to talk about all of the work that has been going on leading up to the game.
December 19, 2006
- Tobacco Prevention
- Most people resolve to quit tobacco use for health reasons, but there are some additional reasons to make your New Year's resolution to stop smoking. Two voter-approved tax hikes have caused the price of a carton of cigarettes to increase by more than $8. In addition, smoking will soon be prohibited in all public places throughout the state due to another voter-approved measure. The Arizona Department of Health Services is rolling out a new Smoking Prevention campaign, and Maricopa County also has its Tobacco Use Prevention Program ready to help those who want to kick the habit.
October 27, 2005
- Disaster: Is Arizona Prepared?
- Preparedness (Conclusion)
As we learned from Hurricane Katrina, depending on government to help you in time of disaster could prove to be deadly. What can you do to personally prepare for disaster? Cathy Tisdale of the American Red Cross will join us to tell you how to get your family ready in case of calamity.