Search Results for: rain
December 15, 2014
- Weather Update | Video
- Forecasters are saying there is a 65 percent chance of an El Nino weather pattern developing this winter, and that would mean a wetter winter than normal. Arizona State University climatologist Randy Cerveny will give us an update.
September 9, 2014
- Flooding | Video
- The flooding caused by Tropical Storm Norbert was not the first time flooding has occurred in the Phoenix Metro Area. Steve Waters, the flood warning branch manager for the Flood Control District of Maricopa County, will talk about the history of flooding in the Valley and give us a perspective on our system that handles flooding.
August 13, 2014
- Storm | Video
- A storm that dumped over three inches of rain near South Mountain in Phoenix is being called a 1,000-year event. State climatologist Nancy Selover, who lives in the affected area, will tell us more.
April 29, 2014
- River Flows | Video
- Flows down the Salt and Verde Rivers are at 22 percent of normal. The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service in Phoenix attributes the low flow to a lack of winter rain. Dino DeSimone of the conservation service will talk about the low river flows.
June 14, 2012
- Monsoon Season | Video
- National Weather Service meteorologist Gary Woodall talks about the start of Arizona’s monsoon season.
August 30, 2010
- Rain or No Rain? | Video
- Will this winter be hotter and drier, or colder and wetter, than usual? ASU Professor of Geographical Sciences Randy Cerveny shares what the weather patterns appear to have in store for Arizona.
March 24, 2010
- Drought | Video
- We’ve had a lot of rain lately. Does that mean the drought is over? Rita Maguire, a water law attorney and former Director of the Arizona Department of Water Resources, will offer her perspective.
September 3, 2009
- Arizona's Nonsoon | Video
- ASU Professor of Climatology Randy Cerveny discusses the monsoon that turned out to be more of a “nonsoon” and how the once fierce Hurricane Jimena could bring some rain to our state.
January 5, 2006
- For more than 70 days now, the Valley has had no rain. National Weather Service Meteorologist Tony Haffer will talk about the drought and why it's happening. Kirk Rowdabaugh of the State Land Department will talk about the drought's impact to help provide fuel for wild fires.
January 13, 2005
- Water Conservation Leadership forum
- We've had plenty of rain in the Valley lately. More importantly for our water supply, there's been above-average snowpack in northern Arizona. But water is still a big concern in our state. Last week, a water conservation leadership forum was held to talk about our water problems. It was sponsored by "The Arizona Republic" and Think AZ. We'll talk to the president of Think AZ.
January 5, 2005
- Weather Outlook
- Rain, hail, even tornado warnings. Is it a fluke or will it be a wetter winter for the Valley? We'll look at the big picture.