Search Results for: protest
March 13, 2014
- Scottsdale General Plan | Video
- The city of Scottsdale is working on its general plan, but there is some controversy. Earlier this year, several members of a planning commission quit in protest. Laraine Rodgers, a current member Scottsdale General Plan Task Force, and Jim Heitel, the former co-chair of the task force, will discuss the issue from both sides.
October 13, 2011
- Occupy Phoenix | Video
- The “Occupy Wall Street” movement spreads to the Valley. “Occupy Phoenix” spokesperson Apollo Poetry talks about what the group hopes to accomplish.
March 3, 2011
July 22, 2010
- Artists for Action – SB 1070 | Video
- As a growing number of artists boycott Arizona to protest Arizona’s immigration law, a coalition of local artists is asking them to rethink that strategy. Artists for Action is urging performers to come to Arizona and make their voices heard rather than stay away, which ultimately hurts fans and music venues the most. We’ll talk about this strategy with David Slutes, a Tucson musician and promoter who helped create Artists for Action; and Kimber Lanning, owner of Stinkweeds music store.
February 19, 2007
- Pledge Controversy
- Mesa City Councilman Tom Rawles talks about his decision not to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance in protest of the war in Iraq.
March 27, 2006
- Immigration March
- Last Friday an unprecedented demonstration in Phoenix attracted tens of thousands of people to protest proposed immigration legislation. We'll talk to one of the organizers, former gubernatorial candidate Alfredo Gutierrez about the demonstration.
May 13, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- senator John McCain, along with Congressman Jeff Flake and Jim Kolbe, introduced a new proposal to deal with the issue of illegal immigration. Valley Hispanics to flex some muscle on Tuesday by staging a boycott and protest against bills before the Arizona Legislature, and after 123 days, state lawmakers ended the current legislative session early this morning.