Search Results for: prostate
March 30, 2015
- TGen Cancer Center | Video
- As Ken Burns’ newest documentary “Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies” starts airing on Eight PBS, we will bring you local stories about cancer. One of those stories is the research being done at the Translational Genomics Research Institute, or TGen. TGen deputy director Dr. John Carpten is one of the most respected cancer investigators in the nation, and will speak about cutting-edge developments in cancer research, including his research specialty, prostate cancer.
June 18, 2014
- Chemotherapy for Prostate Cancer | Video
- Researchers have found a way to use an old treatment to extend the life of prostate cancer patients. Men who received a chemotherapy drug lived nearly 58 months versus 44 months for those not receiving it. The Mayo Clinic in Arizona was one of the sites for clinical trials for the drug study. Dr. Alan Bryce of the Mayo Clinic will discuss the treatment.
September 3, 2013
- Cancer Testing | Video
- HealthTell Inc., a biotech spinout from Arizona State University, has raised $4 million in new funding to help commercialize a new test for lung, breast, prostate and colorectal cancer. The HealthTell diagnostics technology was developed at the ASU Biodesign Institute in part by Dr. Stephen A. Johnston, who will talk about the new test and the funding.
May 29, 2012
- Prostate Cancer Test Recommendation | Video
- Doctor Moe Bell of Scottsdale Healthcare and Erik Castle of the Mayo Clinic present differing viewpoints about the new U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation against screening men of any age for prostate cancer using the prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, blood test.
October 28, 2009
- Cancer Screening | Video
- For decades, we’ve been told that cancer screening saves lives through early detection and subsequent treatment of the disease. Now, an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggests that screening for breast and prostate cancer may not be as beneficial as once thought. Dr. Peter Lance, Director of Cancer Prevention and Control for the University of Arizona’s Arizona Cancer Center shares his views on cancer screening.