Search Results for: profiling
August 2, 2012
- MCSO Racial Profiling Trial | Video
- Testimony ended today at the federal trial accusing the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office of racial profiling. Arizona Republic reporter JJ Hensley and Scott Halverson, a defense and civil rights attorney, offer their observations of the trial and lawsuit, which they have been following closely.
July 18, 2012
- Racial Profiling Lawsuit | Video
- JJ Hensley of the Arizona Republic provides an overview of the racial profiling lawsuit against the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office that goes to trial Thursday, July 19th.
April 4, 2012
- Sheriff Arpaio & U.S. Justice Department | Video
- Talks between the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Department of Justice broke-down this week as they were trying to resolve a dispute over Justice Department allegations that the Sheriff’s Office engaged in a pattern of racial profiling. Arizona Republic reporter JJ Hensley provides details of the story.
December 15, 2011
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Investigation | Video
- The U.S. Department of Justice has accused the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office of engaging in a pattern of unconstitutional policing, including racial profiling. Those are some of the findings from the Justice Department’s ongoing civil rights investigation of the agency led by Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Former U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona, Paul Charlton, provides his perspective on this story.
July 22, 2008
- Arpaio Lawsuit | Video
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio is facing a lawsuit over racial profiling of Latinos during his immigration sweeps in Maricopa County. Alessandra Soler Meetze of the ACLU of Arizona joins Horizon to talk about the lawsuit.
July 30, 2007
- Immigration Hotline
- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has set up a hotline for people to report information regarding undocumented immigrants. Critics say it promotes racial profiling. HORIZON talks to Arpaio about the hotline, and speaks with State Representative Ben Miranda, a critic of the hotline.
June 25, 2007
- Made in Arizona: Salt Facility
- We begin a four-part series profiling things that are made in Arizona that might surprise you. Tonight, we examine the Morton salt facility in Glendale.