Search Results for: philanthropy
May 5, 2015
- Arizona Giving and Leading: The Grant Network | Video
- The ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation has joined with Valley Leadership to create a clearinghouse for nonprofits looking for funding and corporations looking to provide that funding. The Grant Network allows both parties to register their information and exchange opportunities. Julia Patrick of the Arizona Nonprofit Academy, which brings leadership, education and connectivity with collaboration to Arizona’s nonprofit community, and Nicole Almond Anderson, marketing manager of ASU Lodestar, will tell us more about the project.
July 25, 2013
- Kolb Studio | Video
- The Grand Canyon Association is launching a fundraising campaign to renovate Kolb Studio, a 109-year-old building perched on the edge of the south rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Kolb Studio served for decades as a business and home for brothers Emery and Ellsworth Kolb. They photographed hikers and tourists starting down the Bright Angel Trail. Their images helped document the Grand Canyon and early tourism in the West. Helen Ranney, Assistant Director of Philanthropy for the Grand Canyon Association, will talk about the Kolb Studio and the fundraising effort.
December 13, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Street Gems of Arizona | Video
- Valley artist Ann Morton talks about Street Gems of Arizona, a program sponsored by ASU’s Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation, that gives homeless people an opportunity to earn money while creating art with found objects and recycled materials.
June 7, 2012
March 5, 2012
- AZ Giving and Leading: Report on Nonprofits | Video
- Patrick McWhortor, President and CEO of Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits, shares the findings of a statewide survey of Arizona nonprofits contained in the new report Borderline: Hope and Concern for Arizona Nonprofits.
February 28, 2012
- Fast Pitch Philanthropy | Video
- On March 6th Social Venture Partners is holding its "2nd Annual Fast Pitch Social Innovation Expo." It’s the culmination of a seven-week training and mentoring program for innovative nonprofits that are effecting social change. Finalists have three minutes to make a “pitch” that could earn their nonprofit $100,000 in funding. SVP Executive Director Terri Wogan talks about the program.
July 27, 2011
- Clean Air Cabs | Video
- Steve Lopez, the founder of Clean Air Cabs discusses the unique business model for his company that combines philanthropy with sustainability.
December 9, 2010
- Arizona's Philanthropy | Video
- A new ASU report details how philanthropic Arizona residents are. Carlton Yoshioka, of the ASU Lodestar Center, discusses the report.