Search Results for: pension spiking
October 29, 2013
- Phoenix Mayor Stanton | Video
- Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton makes his regular visit to Arizona Horizon to discuss issues important to the city, such as pension spiking.
September 12, 2013
- Pension Spiking | Video
- Pension spiking is the practice of adding sick leave, vacation pay and other benefits at the end of a worker’s career to increase their pension. The Goldwater Institute has sued to stop the practice in the city of Phoenix. Arizona Republic columnist Laurie Roberts will discuss the issue.
July 15, 2013
- Arizona State Retirement System | Video
- The Arizona State Retirement System is a $28 Billion system with over half-a-million members. Its ten-year-rate of return has been over six percent. Paul Matson, the Chief Executive of the Arizona State Retirement System, will give us a status update on the pension system and will talk about a plan being proposed in congress that would uses private insurance companies to pay out annuities for public pensions.
May 25, 2011
- State Pension Changes | Video
- During the recent legislative session, lawmakers made several changes to Arizona’s state employee pension systems. Labor groups have threatened to sue saying some of those changes are unconstitutional. Employment attorney John Balitis shares his legal analysis of whether or not the changes pass constitutional muster.
February 10, 2011
- State Pension Reform | Video
- House Speaker Kirk Adams has introduced legislation to reform Arizona's public employee pension system. Among other things it would raise the retirement age, increase employee's payments and eliminate cost-of-living increases. Speaker Adams discusses.