Search Results for: paying
December 3, 2014
- Political Contributions and Taxes | Video
- A new study by Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business shows that campaign contributions do help businesses. The report shows that companies making campaign contributions specifically to tax-writing members of Congress wind up paying lower tax rates over time. Assistant Professor Jennifer Brown of the W. P. Carey School of Business, one of the study authors, will talk about the report.
April 28, 2014
- Experience Corps | Video
- A volunteer program that pairs children with seniors is paying off in the classroom. Find out more about the Experience Corps program, where seniors help children with their reading.
January 29, 2013
- Paying for Basic Needs | Video
- Cynthia Zwick, Executive Director of the Arizona Community Action Association, talks about a new report showing that nearly 1 in every 3 working families in Arizona doesn’t earn enough money to pay for basic necessities.
November 11, 2011
May 21, 2009
- Reinventing Arizona's Economy | Video
- Business and political leaders engage in a lively discussion about strengthening Arizona’s economy through smart investments and tax policies that attract and keep high paying jobs in Arizona. Panelists include: Michael Bidwill, Arizona Cardinals President and Chairman of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Representative John McComish, Majority Leader of the Arizona House of Representatives, and Elliott Pollack, Economic and Real Estate consultant.
April 2, 2008
- School Utility Dilemma | Video
- In the face of rising utility bills, Arizona school districts are becoming more energy efficient because the major source of money for paying utility costs ($85 million worth) will soon disappear. Without financial assistance, districts fear they may have to cut teachers, programs or both. Should the state help them out? Hear from two legislators with different ideas about how to deal with unfunded school utilities.
July 28, 2005
- Intel Plant
- A new Intel Plant will be located in Chandler. The $3 Billion plant is expected to provide 1,000 new high paying jobs. Brian Matas of IC Insights, an integrated circuit market research company, will be on Horizon to talk about the new plant and the high tech industry in Arizona.