Search Results for: nonpartisan
January 17, 2013
- Fix the Debt | Video
- Arizona has joined Fix the Debt, a nonpartisan campaign to encourage our leaders in Washington, D.C. to reach a comprehensive agreement on reforms that will improve America’s fiscal health. Learn more about the campaign from members of the Fix the Debt Arizona Steering Committee, former Arizona Attorney General and new CAP Board member, Terry Goddard, and Glenn Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
May 24, 2012
- McCain Institute for International Leadership | Video
- Arizona State University is launching the nonprofit McCain Institute for International Leadership. ASU President Michael Crow talks about the mission of the new nonpartisan education and research institute that is funded initially by a $9 million gift from a charitable trust established by Arizona Senator John McCain.
July 19, 2011
- Nonpartisan “Open” Primary Elections | Video
- Former Phoenix Mayor Paul Johnson is leading an effort to put a proposition on next year’s general election ballot calling for nonpartisan “open” primary elections. Johnson and State Representative John Kavanagh debate the plan that supporters say will help elect more mainstream candidates.
July 11, 2011
- NonPartisan Primary Elections | Video
- An effort is underway to put an proposition on the 2012 general election ballot to create nonpartisan primary elections as a way to elect more mainstream candidates. ASU Political Science professor Jennifer Steen explains how similar systems have worked in other states.
June 28, 2011
- Grand Canyon Institute | Video
- Board members of the new think tank explain how it’s nonpartisan, centrist approach to research and education will help guide Arizona’s economic future.