Search Results for: municipal
September 20, 2012
- Phoenix Municipal Golf Courses | Video
- The City of Phoenix’ municipal golf courses continue to lose money. During the 2011-12 fiscal year they operated at a deficit of $2.4 million. Hear from members of an ad hoc committee that has been appointed to search for solutions to the problem.
February 21, 2012
- Municipal Aging Services Project | Video
- The Valley’s 65 and over population is expected to double in size by the end of this decade. Find out what “MAG”, the Maricopa Association of Governments, is doing to help local governments determine how to best serve this growing population. Guests include MAG Human Services and Special Projects Manager Amy St. Peter, Carol Kratz of Piper Trust, and Michelle Dinisio, the President and CEO of Benevilla, a nonprofit that provides services to seniors.
May 18, 2011
- Papago Golf Course/AZ Golf Industry | Video
- Arizona golf journalist Bill Huffman reports the state of Arizona’s golf industry and turmoil at the Papago Golf Course which has prompted city of Phoenix to consider looking for a new manager of that municipal course.
February 1, 2005
- Expanding municipal convention centers
- The $600 million expansion of the Phoenix Civic Plaza is expected to bring more conventions to the city, but a new report by a Washington think tank questions the public benefit of expanding municipal convention centers.