Search Results for: monsoon
August 19, 2013
- Salt and Verde Reservoirs | Video
- Reservoirs for the Salt and Verde Rivers, such as Roosevelt Lake, have been refilled to levels they were at last year, thanks to snowmelt. Salt River Project, which manages the system, reports the reservoirs also received a boost from a better-than-average monsoon season. Charlie Ester, SRP’s manager of Water Resource Operations, will discuss the status of water levels in the reservoirs that supply much of the water for the Phoenix area.
June 19, 2013
- Monsoon | Video
- The Monsoon officially started in Arizona June 15. Arizona State University Climatologist Randy Cerveny will discuss the Monsoon.
July 17, 2012
- Arizona Weather Update | Video
- An update on the drought that’s gripping the nation and a look at Arizona’s monsoon season with Randy Cerveny, a professor of geographical sciences who directs the meteorology program at Arizona State University.
June 14, 2012
- Monsoon Season | Video
- National Weather Service meteorologist Gary Woodall talks about the start of Arizona’s monsoon season.
July 12, 2010
- Monsoon | Video
- A look at Arizona’s monsoon with Randy Cerveny, director of the meteorology program at ASU.
September 3, 2009
- Arizona's Nonsoon | Video
- ASU Professor of Climatology Randy Cerveny discusses the monsoon that turned out to be more of a “nonsoon” and how the once fierce Hurricane Jimena could bring some rain to our state.
June 15, 2009
- The Start of the Monsoon | Video
- June 15th marks the official start of Arizona’s monsoon season. ASU’s Randy Cerveny talks about the monsoon and his new book “Weather’s Greatest Mysteries Solved!”
July 8, 2008
- Monsoon '08 | Video
- What is the prediction for this summer's monsoon? Tony Haffer, Meteorologist-in-Charge of the National Weather Service Phoenix office, joins us to track temperatures and rainfall amounts expected this summer, and to discuss the new calendar-based start date for the monsoon.