Search Results for: monitor
September 15, 2014
- Smartphone Apps and Dieting | Video
- A new Arizona State University study finds that using a smartphone app to monitor dieting helps more than the use of paper and pen to keep track. Chris Wharton, associate professor of nutrition at ASU's School of Nutrition and Health Promotion, will talk about the study.
October 3, 2013
- Arpaio Monitor | Video
- A federal judge has appointed a monitor to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to watch progress on efforts by the department to stop racial profiling. The judge also issued other orders for the department. Former Arizona U.S. Attorney Paul Charlton will discuss the case.
August 20, 2013
- MCSO Racial Profiling | Video
- Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has refused to have a monitor watch his department after a judge rules that the sheriff’s office engaged in racial profiling. Negotiations continue on that issue. Arizona Republic reporter JJ Hensley brings us up to date.
June 17, 2013
- Arpaio Racial Profiling Update | Video
- A hearing was held Friday by a federal judge who ruled Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s office was racially profiling Latinos. At the hearing, lawyers who filed the racial profiling lawsuit were expected to ask for more training for officers, better record keeping for traffic stops and a monitor to make sure the racial profiling stops. Arizona Republic Reporter JJ Hensley will give us an update.
September 24, 2009
- New EPA Rules | Video
- New rules by the EPA require big businesses to monitor and report greenhouse gases. Benjamin Grumbles, the new head of the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, discusses the new rules.
February 5, 2009
- Mental Health Audit | Video
- A court-ordered audit reveals the private, for-profit company that has managed Maricopa County's behavioral health care system since 2007 has shown �a pattern of regression and significant declines in a number of areas.� The court-assigned monitor joins us to talk about the audit.