Search Results for: mobile apps
June 12, 2014
February 19, 2014
- AZ Technology and Innovation: High School App Competition | Video
- Nearly 250 Arizona high school students recently participated in an app competition in Gilbert. The App Resource and Knowledge App League is in its second year, with students from all skill levels learning the process of developing a mobile application. The event is the official launch of SPARK App League, a three-month contest challenging students to build a mobile application for Gilbert Fire and Rescue. Ashish Amresh, an assistant professor at Arizona State University, will talk about the app competition.
October 30, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: Strongwatch Security | Video
- Headquartered in Tucson, Strongwatch is a company developing technology for the national security market. Strongwatch has pioneered and developed mobile and fixed surveillance technology that is targeted to meet the needs of border security, law enforcement and the military. Drew Dodds of Strongwatch will talk about his company and its technology.
September 25, 2013
- appsFreedom Mobile Cloud Software | Video
- appsFreedom is a Chandler-based company that has ready-to-use app templates and a mobile application development platform to help companies develop their own, secure mobile apps that are also available for use on laptops and office computers. Vaidy Iyer, Chief Executive Officer of appsFreedom, will talk about his company.
May 22, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Eye Tracking Technology | Video
- The Technology Based Learning and Research Center in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College at Arizona State University announced a revolutionary mobile software tool developed along with Massively Parallel Technologies Inc. The tool is focused on optimizing a mobile eye-tracking application for smartphones and tablets using MPT’s Blue Cheetah software. TBLR’s Visual Engagement Mapping mobile application employs real-time eye tracking, a method used to ascertain students’ level of attention during an online lesson. Kevin Howard of Massively Parallel Technologies will talk about the new software.
April 17, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: High School App Developer | Video
- Perry Waxman is just 18 and still in high school in Phoenix, but is already a member of Apple's Developer Network. He’s created two successful apps after teaching himself how to code. Waxman will talk about his apps and his future.
January 3, 2012
- Entrepreneur Magazine's College Entrepreneur of 2011 | Video
- ASU biomedical engineering junior Gabrielle Palermo is Entrepreneur Magazine's College Entrepreneur of 2011. Palermo and a team of ASU engineering students were honored by the magazine for their work on G3Box, a company they started that converts steel shipping containers into mobile medical clinics. Palermo and G3Box partners Susanna Young and Clay Tyler talk about the business.
September 27, 2011
- ASU Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative | Video
- Learn more about this program that helps ASU students learn how to start a business. Guests include Brent Sebold, the initiative’s Program Manager, and ASU students Gabrielle Palermo and Susanna Young, two founders of G3Box, a company that turns steel freight containers into mobile medical clinics that has been named a finalist for Entrepreneur magazine’s 2011 College Entrepreneur of the Year award.
April 6, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Mobile Electric Vehicle Charging | Video
- A local company is offering the electrical equivalent of a gas can to drivers of electric vehicles. EV Mobile Charging, a Phoenix-based company, will go out to stranded electric vehicles and provide a charge in 30 minutes that will give 10 miles of driving. Eric Edberg, one of the co-founders of the company, will talk about his new business.