Search Results for: mines
June 14, 2011
- Arizona Centennial: Vulture Mine | Video
- Discovered in 1863 by Henry Wickenburg, the Vulture Mine was Arizona’s most productive gold mine. Now, a group is trying to raise money to renovate the mine’s historic buildings. Bernadine McCollum and Penny Pietre, of the Vulture Mine Preservation and Restoration Association, discuss the mine and efforts to save its crumbling infrastructure.
June 1, 2010
- Abandoned Mines, Habitat Restoration | Video
- Arizona Bureau of Land Management Director Jim Kenna discusses issues regarding BLM land in our state, including efforts to mitigate danger from abandoned mines and restore natural grasslands.
September 6, 2007
- Abandoned Mines
- There are an estimated 100,000 abandoned mines in Arizona. One of them recently claimed the life of a child. State Mine Inspector, Joe Hart talks about what needs to be done to prevent additional tragedies.