Search Results for: merger
August 13, 2013
- U.S. Airways/American Airlines Merger | Video
- The U.S. Department of Justice has filed an antitrust lawsuit in an effort to block the merger of Tempe-based U.S. Airways and American Airlines. Airline expert Robert Mittelstaedt, who is also the former dean of Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business, will talk about the suit.
July 16, 2013
- U.S. Airways/American Airlines merger | Video
- U.S. Airways shareholders gave their stamp of approval to a merger between their airline and American Airlines. That pushes the merger closer to finalization. Robert Mittelstaedt, former dean of the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business and an airline expert, will talk about what the latest move means to the upcoming merger.
February 14, 2013
- US Airways Merger Finalized | Video
- U.S. Airways and American Airlines made it official that the two carriers will merge to create the world's biggest airline. The new airline will be called American Airlines, be headed by current U.S. Airways chair Doug Parker, and be based in Dallas.
January 10, 2013
- US Airways Merger | Video
- Robert Mittelstaedt, Dean of the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, talks about the proposed merger between US Airways and American Airlines, and what it could mean for the Valley and the airline industry.
June 12, 2012
- U.S. Airways Merger | Video
- Adjunct Professor of Global Marketing for the Thunderbird School of Global Management Rick Baer talks about the potential impacts of a merger between US Airways and American Airlines from a marketing perspective.
April 23, 2012
May 1, 2008
- United-U.S. Airways merger | Video
- There's talk of a merger between local airline U.S. Airways and United Airlines. Arizona State University aviation law professor Michael Pearson discusses the potential merger and its possible impacts.
November 22, 2006
- Phelps Dodge Merger
- A $25.9 Billion merger is in the works that would have Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold Inc. take over Phoenix-based Phelps Dodge Corporation, one of the world's leading producers of copper. But it's not a done deal yet. Arizona Republic business columnist Jon Talton will talk about the proposed merger and its consequences for Arizona.