Search Results for: merge
September 4, 2014
- Naming Rights | Video
- U.S. Airways Center will have a different name soon. American Airlines, which merged with U.S. Airways, announced it will not renew the name rights contract for the basketball arena. Scott Harkey, President of Owens Harkey, an ad agency in Phoenix, will discuss the business of naming rights.
August 13, 2013
- U.S. Airways/American Airlines Merger | Video
- The U.S. Department of Justice has filed an antitrust lawsuit in an effort to block the merger of Tempe-based U.S. Airways and American Airlines. Airline expert Robert Mittelstaedt, who is also the former dean of Arizona State Universityâ€™s W.P. Carey School of Business, will talk about the suit.
July 16, 2013
- U.S. Airways/American Airlines merger | Video
- U.S. Airways shareholders gave their stamp of approval to a merger between their airline and American Airlines. That pushes the merger closer to finalization. Robert Mittelstaedt, former dean of the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business and an airline expert, will talk about what the latest move means to the upcoming merger.
February 14, 2013
- US Airways Merger Finalized | Video
- U.S. Airways and American Airlines made it official that the two carriers will merge to create the world's biggest airline. The new airline will be called American Airlines, be headed by current U.S. Airways chair Doug Parker, and be based in Dallas.
May 9, 2007
November 15, 2006
- U.S Airways - Delta
- Tempe-based U.S. Airways is making an $8 billion offer to buy Delta Airlines and merge the two companies. We talk with The Business Journal's Mike Sunnucks about the offer and what it would mean to the airline and the state.