Search Results for: meetings
June 9, 2015
- Nonpartisan Voting | Video
- There is a national network of reformers seeking nonpartisan elections that are bringing support to the movement in Arizona. Jacqueline Salit, president of IndependentVoting.org, will be in Phoenix for two days of strategy meetings and will tell us more about the effort.
July 10, 2014
- AZ Giving and Leading: Dads 4 Special Kids | Video
- An Arizona father searching for support as he raises a son with disabilities discovers he’s not alone. Ray Morris created a nonprofit group that offers monthly meetings, workshops and online help for fathers to ask questions, share experiences and learn from each other.
May 19, 2014
- Supreme Court Midterm Review | Video
- The United States Supreme Court has already decided several big cases that deal with affirmative action, prayer at city council meetings and campaign contributions. Arizona State University law professor Paul Bender will review cases already decided and cases still pending before the court adjourns.
October 21, 2013
- I-11 Freeway Hearings | Video
- The Arizona and Nevada departments of transportation hosted five public meetings this month to present a range of alternatives for the Interstate 11 freeway, proposed to link Phoenix and Las Vegas. Mike Kies, the Arizona lead for the I-11 study, will discuss the meetings and the freeway.
October 22, 2012
- Public Meetings on Transit Fare Increases | Video
- Valley Metro is seeking public comment on plans to raise fares for light rail and Express/RAPID bus services. Valley Metro spokesperson Susan Tierney explains the options that are being considered.
November 7, 2011
- Open Meetings Law | Video
- Constitutional Attorney Dan Barr talks about how the State’s open meetings law applies to the state legislature and the Independent Redistricting Commission as well.
September 7, 2011
August 10, 2010
July 28, 2009
- Health Care Task Force | Video
- Health care experts in Arizona are sharing their views on health care reform in meetings and conference calls organized by the White House Health Reform Task Force. One of the experts is from Arizona State University. She is Marjorie Baldwin, Director of the School of Health Management at ASU’s W.P. Carey School of Business. She joins Ted Simons on Horizon.