Search Results for: mechanism
August 1, 2013
- Putting the Brakes on Inflammation | Video
- A team led by a University of Arizona researcher has discovered a previously unknown mechanism that prevents the immune system from going into overdrive. That could shed light not only on how our body controls its response to pathogens but on conditions such as autoimmune diseases, allergies and chronic inflammation. The group found a protein previously believed to only play a role in blood clotting acts to tell defense cells to slow down, thereby preventing an immune reaction from spiraling out of control. Sourav Ghosh, assistant professor in the department of cellular and molecular medicine at the UA College of Medicine, and Dr. Jonathan Leighton of the Mayo Clinic will discuss the new findings.
September 26, 2011
- Arizona Fund of Funds | Video
- The Arizona Growth Foundation is promoting an Arizona Fund of Funds as a way to grow jobs. Modeled after a program in Utah, it uses tax credits as an incentive for venture capitalists to invest in Arizona businesses. We’ll take an in-depth look at the pros and cons of this mechanism for economic development with John Kowalski,
Co-founder of the Arizona Growth Foundation; Gary Gibbons, professor of Entrepreneurship at the Thunderbird School of Global Management; David Beauchamp, an attorney who practices in the areas of Venture Capital and Private Equity Transactions; and Byron Schlomach, an economist with the Goldwater Institute.
August 14, 2008
- small Town Challenges: Eloy Amusement Park | Video
- A new amusement park is about to hit the small town of Eloy. The legislature has approved a funding mechanism for the Decades Rock and Roll theme park, and once funding is raised, the new park is expected to create more jobs than there are workers in Eloy. Find out what city officials think about the new park.