Search Results for: mathematics
May 19, 2014
- Nighttime Temperatures and Air Conditioning | Video
- A new report by Arizona State University Researchers reveals that nighttime temperatures in the Phoenix area actually increase one to two degrees because of the excess heat being released by air conditioners. Francisco Salamanca, a post-doctoral research scientist at Arizona State University’s School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, and ASU mathematics professor Alex Mahalov will discuss the report.
December 16, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: High Tech Survey | Video
- A new poll shows that high tech company leaders are worried about a lack of tech talent and the quality of education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Steven Zylstra, chair of the Technology Councils of North America, who conducted the survey, will talk about the results.
December 3, 2013
- Program for International Student Assessment | Video
- The Program for International Student Assessment, otherwise known as PISA, will be released December 3. It will offer results on the 2012 international assessment measuring 15-year-old students' reading, mathematics and science literacy skills. President and CEO of Expect More Arizona Pearl Chang Esau will talk about where Arizona students ranked in the international assessment.
December 13, 2006
- Innovation America
- The National Governors Association, chaired by Governor Janet Napolitano, announced a 17-member task force to guide the Innovation America initiative. The task force will discuss strategies, policies and programs centered around K-12 science, technology, engineering and mathematics education and the role of postsecondary education as an engine of innovation. Innovation America brings together a bipartisan group of governors and members of the academic and business communities to support private sector innovation and strengthen the competitive position of the United States in the global economy.