Search Results for: loss
June 12, 2014
- Eric Cantor Loss | Video
- For the first time, a sitting House majority leader was defeated in a primary election. Virginia’s Eric Cantor lost to Tea Party activist Dave Brat. Patrick Kenney, the Interim Vice Provost and Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University and a Professor in the School of Politics and Global Studies, will discuss what the loss means for the GOP and the Tea Party.
January 8, 2014
- End of Unemployment Benefits Extension | Video
- Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits started to help people during the recession, ended recently, impacting 12,100 Arizona families. The Grand Canyon Institute, a private non-profit corporation that provides non-partisan research, has analyzed the economic impact of the loss of extended federal unemployment benefits. David Wells, research director for the institute, will talk about the impact.
August 12, 2013
- Climate Change Negotiations | Video
- A group of Arizona State University professors and students traveled to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in Bonn, Germany recently, where the students presented white papers on international climate change negotiations. Daniel Bodansky, an ASU professor of Law, Ethics and Sustainability, and law student Ashley Votruba, will talk about the trip, climate change negotiations and the paper presented by Votruba. She focused on the impact of bottom-up approaches to protecting wetlands internationally and preventing the rapid depletion of plant life and loss of top soil in desert and arid regions.
April 29, 2013
- Medicaid Expansion | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer’s plan to expand Medicaid is being met with resistance from Republican lawmakers. Failure to do anything could result in the loss of some current federal funding for Medicaid in the state. The Arizona Republic reporter Mary K. Reinhart will provide the details.
March 21, 2013
- New EPA Haze Regulations | Video
- New Environmental Protection Agency regulations on haze have some Arizona leaders saying that the regulations could lead to higher energy costs and a loss of jobs. State lawmakers want to allow states to set air standard regulations. Sandy Bahr of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club and Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne will discuss the issue of haze regulation.
July 30, 2008
- The Cost of School Utilities | Video
- Facing the loss of $94 million they use to pay utility bills, some Arizona school districts were concerned that they would have to cut teachers and programs. But now, a provision in the new state budget provides financial relief. We take a look at how it helps.
October 23, 2007
- Arizona's Immigration Strategy
- HORIZON investigates the potential economic impact of Arizona's employer-sanctions law and profiles a business that is facing the loss of employees due to the law.
February 8, 2007
- J.D. Hayworth
- Former Arizona Republican Congressman J.D. Hayworth has not spoken publicly since his loss to Democrat Harry Mitchell in November. Hear from Hayworth, who talks about his life in a Goldwater Lecture Series.