Search Results for: lines
October 13, 2011
- Expediting Electrical Transmission Lines | Video
- President Obama’s plan to fast-track the permitting and construction of major electrical transmission line projects - including one in Arizona - is touted as a way to create jobs; increase capacity and reliability of the nation’s electrical grid; and accelerate the growth of domestic clean energy. Find out what the plan means for Arizona from Kris Mayes, former Arizona Corporation Commissioner who is now in charge of the Program on Law and Sustainability at ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, and Sandy Bahr, Director of the Sierra Club’s Grand Canyon Chapter.
November 15, 2010
- Gerrymandering, the Documentary | Video
- In many political districts, the outcome is a foregone conclusion. It’s no accident. It’s the way the lines for the districts are drawn. Learn more about the once-a-decade process in a new documentary, “Gerrymandering.” Director Jeff Reichert will discuss his new film.
November 23, 2009
- 1,000 Foot Free Power Line Extension | Video
- In the past, to encourage growth, landowners were not charged by APS for the first $25,000 of costs to extend power lines to their properties. The Arizona Corporation Commission has reversed that policy. Now, landowners must pay the complete cost of connecting their properties to a source of power. Critics say this has unfairly lowered property values and negatively impacted Arizona’s economy. Ted Simons will discuss the issue with Bobby Miller, a realtor representing Arizonans for Fair Power Policy and Sandy Bahr, Director of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club.
October 31, 2006
- New laws have gone into effect for next week's election. New identification requirements are in effect, as well as a new law to eliminate long election lines. Get the details as Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell and County Elections Director Karen Osborne explain the changes for voting on November 7.
August 25, 2005
- Congressman John Shadegg
- shadegg discusses his trip this week to Iraq, a plan he has to allow people to buy health insurance across state lines, and immigration.
August 22, 2005
- Gas Pipeline Break Anniversary
- Two years after the Kinder-Morgan pipeline break caused long lines at the gas pump for Valley motorists, Corporation Commissioner Jeff Hatch-Miller looks at what's been done to prevent that from happening again. He'll also discuss the Commission's decision to place power lines through Florence.
May 19, 2005
- Wine Ruling
- The United States Supreme Court has ruled that wine sales across state lines are permitted. We'll talk to a lawyer who assisted in the case.