Search Results for: landfill gases
June 11, 2014
- Sustainability: New Carbon Emission Standards | Video
- The Environmental Protection Agency has announced new carbon emission standards for power plants, which are the single biggest producer of gases that are thought to lead to global warming. Sandy Bahr, Chapter Director of the Sierra Club – Grand Canyon Chapter, will discuss the new rules, along with Henry Darwin, head of the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
November 26, 2013
- Sustainability: Landfill Gas Electricity | Video
- The Waste Management Northwest Regional Landfill is producing 3.2 Megawatts of electricity for APS. Located in Surprise, the facility is producing enough electricity from landfill gases to power 2,000 homes. Scott Bradley, Waste Management Four Corners Area Vice President, will discuss the power-producing landfill.
February 23, 2010
- New Solar Power Plant | Video
- The City of Phoenix has awarded a contract to Tessera Solar for a new 250-megawatt solar power plant to be located at the city’s landfill in Buckeye. It will be able to provide power to 50,000 homes. Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon and a representative of Tessera Solar will discuss the project.
September 24, 2009
- New EPA Rules | Video
- New rules by the EPA require big businesses to monitor and report greenhouse gases. Benjamin Grumbles, the new head of the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, discusses the new rules.
April 26, 2007
- Arziona's Climate Change
- Environmental public interest organization Valley Forward is holding a half-day Livability Summit on Friday, April 27. The event will spotlight ways business and industry can help reduce greenhouse gases, and it will facilitate meaningful public dialogue on challenges to building a sustainable future.