Search Results for: job creation
September 1, 2014
- Labor Day Special | Video
- An ASU economist will discuss the future of job creation in our state and country. President Obama issued an executive order barring discrimination against LGBT employees working for the federal government and federal contractors. A labor law attorney will discuss the order and what it means to LGBT employees in Arizona. Also, a discussion on the legalities of unions allowed for college athletes.
July 30, 2014
- Arizona’s Future: Job Creation | Video
- Arizona State University economist Dennis Hoffman of the W.P. Carey School of Business will discuss the future of job creation in our state and country.
January 30, 2014
- Arizona Artbeat: Ground Cover Public Art Project | Video
- An ambitious idea from a Phoenix artist attracted hundreds of volunteers who turned a vacant lot into a textile garden of desert flowers. The creation was part of a public art project that not only attracted knitters, crocheters and quilters from across Arizona, the United States and Canada, but also helped hundreds of people in need. You’ll meet artist and project manager Ann Morton along with a volunteer and beneficiary of this unique project.
December 3, 2013
- The Arizona We Want Grant | Video
- The Center for the Future of Arizona announced today it has raised $1.375 million to fund implementation of The Arizona We Want 2.0: The Case for Action. The plan calls for improving the lives of Arizonans in eight key areas, including education, job creation, environment, water management and healthcare. The Center for the Future of Arizona Chairman and CEO Dr. Lattie Coor will discuss the implementation of the new funds.
October 7, 2013
- Manufacturing Grant | Video
- The Greater Phoenix Economic Council and Arizona State University were awarded a $170,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce to accelerate manufacturing and aid in job creation. The “Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership” grant will be used to plan for an Innovation and Commercialization Center for Advanced Manufacturing in the Phoenix area. GPEC President and CEO Barry Broome and Sethuraman “Panch” Panchanathan, Senior Vice President for ASU’s Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development, will discuss the grant and the planned manufacturing center.
October 19, 2011
- State Public Affairs Networks | Video
- The National Association of State Public Affairs Networks is promoting the creation of state versions of C-SPAN in all fifty states. Hear from NAPAN President Paul Giguere who was in Phoenix recently to testify at an FCC hearing on the future of media.
September 19, 2011
- Arizona Health Insurance Exchange | Video
- 40 Arizona organizations are backing the creation of a health insurance exchange to make health care more affordable for more Arizonans. Dana Wolfe Naimark, President and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance and Jack Beveridge, CEO of Empowerment Systems, describe the proposal.
April 11, 2011
- Five Communities Project | Video
- The Center for the Future of Arizona has launched the Five Communities Project, an effort to help communities secure funding to implement their action plans in areas such as job creation, education, the environment and civic engagement. CFA Chairman and CEO Dr. Lattie Coor discusses the project’s goals.
March 30, 2011
- Economic Growth: Invest Arizona | Video
- Senate Bill 1041, the Invest Arizona bill, establishes tax incentives for companies that meet certain job creation and investment thresholds. Barry Broome, president and CEO of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council, and Farrell Quinlan, state director of the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) Arizona, debate the merits of the bill.
February 5, 2007
- senate Bill 1132
- senator Jack Harper discusses the bill he sponsored calling for the creation of a Homeland Security Force in Arizona. House Minority Whip Steve Gallardo also joins HORIZON to discuss the potential impact of such a force.
February 9, 2006
- Job Creation
- Recently, the Valley created more jobs in raw numbers than any other metropolitan area in the country. Arizona Department of Economic Security economist Don Wehbey will talk about the reasons behind the robust job creation in Phoenix.