Search Results for: jet fuel
January 15, 2015
- 2015 Fuels Forecast | Video
- Gas prices haven’t been this low for years, but when it comes to fuel prices, what goes down must come up. Linda Gorman, communications and public affairs director at AAA Arizona, will talk about the 2015 fuel forecast and how low gas prices are affecting fuel tax revenues.
August 19, 2013
- E15 Gasoline Blend | Video
- The Environmental Protection Agency recently finalized 2013 standards for the Renewable Fuels Standard program. It requires renewable fuels, such as ethanol, to be blended into gasoline in increasing amounts each year. One of these renewable fuels, E15, has been controversial. Linda Gorman of AAA Arizona will discuss the problems associated with E15 fuel.
October 12, 2011
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: Algae Jet Fuel | Video
- An Arizona-based algae technology company is poised to produce algae-based jet fuel for SkyNRG, a Dutch renewable aviation fuel producer. Heliae CEO Dan Simon talks about his company’s efforts to develop technologies that enable large scale, cost-effective, production of bio-fuels.
August 18, 2011
- Biofuels Initiative | Video
- The Obama Administration is planning a major investment in biofuels for military and commercial transportation. Dan Rees, the president of REV Biodiesel in Gilbert, AZ and Dr. Milton Sommerfeld, Co-Director of ASU’s Laboratory of Algae Research and Biotechnology talk about how this new investment could impact Arizona’s biofuels industry.
November 5, 2009
- Fuel from Bacteria | Video
- Arizona State University research Willem Vermaas has received a $5.2 million grant to work on extracting fatty acids from bacteria. Those fatty acids can then be used to make a variety of fuels. Professor Vermaas will talk about his research.
June 11, 2009
- Green Algae Strategy | Video
- ASU Professor Mark Edwards, who recently won a top national award for his book, “Green Algae Strategy,” talks about algae’s tremendous potential as a sustainable source of food and fuel.
April 6, 2009
February 16, 2009
July 30, 2008
- Fueling Trouble: Alternative Fuel | Video
- With rising gas prices, sales of SUVs and trucks are down, and more people are opting for fuel-efficient, gasoline-powered cars. We discuss the alternatives to gas-powered cars with ASU professors who specialize in alternative fuel vehicles.
July 29, 2008
- Fueling Trouble: Airline Industry | Video
- Airline Industry
In the second part of our series, we examine the struggling airline industry. As fuel prices soar, many carriers are charging new fees and cutting services. We look at the state of the industry, and what you can expect the next time you fly.
July 28, 2008
- Fueling Trouble: T.I.M.E. Initiative | Video
- We begin a four-part series on the rising cost of fuel and transportation issues in the state. Tonight we discuss the Transportation and Infrastructure Moving Arizona's Economy (T.I.M.E.) initiative. Proponent Martin Schultz, government affairs vice president for Pinnacle West Capital Corporation, debates opponent Steve Voeller of the Arizona Free Enterprise Club.
June 19, 2008
- US Airways | Video
- The President of US Airways, Scott Kirby, talks about rising fuel prices, the sluggish economy, and other challenges facing the airline industry.
May 6, 2008
- Algae Bio-Fuel | Video
- Researchers at the University of Arizona are working on a new alternative fuel that can really make your vehicle "green."
April 10, 2008
- E-85 | Video
- The first E-85 fueling pump has opened in Maricopa County. Arizona House majority leader Tom Boone joins us to talk about E-85, an 85 percent ethanol fuel blend, and a bill that would help create more biofuel stations in Arizona.
April 3, 2007
- Gas Prices
- The price of gasoline has been climbing and drivers across the state and the nation continue to feel the pain at the pump. Premium fuel already hit the $3 mark and regular unleaded is not far behind. We get an update with Linda Gorman of AAA Arizona about what is behind the rising gas prices and where they might be headed this summer.
November 16, 2006
- Fuel Mileage
- since 1996, nine of the 13 major car manufacturers selling cars in the United States have actually had a decrease in the average gas mileage of the vehicles they sell. Phyllis Rowe of the Arizona Consumer Council will talk about a grassroots effort to increase fuel mileage of vehicles.
June 28, 2006
- GA$: A HORIZON Miniseries
- Part three of four.
How can the supply of fuel be better moved across our state? And will we ever run out of oil to produce the fuel products we consume? Stan Barnes of Copper State Consulting joins HORIZON for a discussion.
April 25, 2006
- Power Hungry: Supply
- Part two
How do we develop more energy? How are suppliers of electricity, natural gas and fuel racing to keep up with the demand from our rapid growth? Stan Barnes of Copper State Consulting and Greg Patterson of the Arizona Competitive Power Alliance join the studio discussion.
January 5, 2006
- For more than 70 days now, the Valley has had no rain. National Weather Service Meteorologist Tony Haffer will talk about the drought and why it's happening. Kirk Rowdabaugh of the State Land Department will talk about the drought's impact to help provide fuel for wild fires.
April 15, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- Governor Janet Napolitano surprised some lawmakers Thursday when she vetoed a forest health bill. The State senate made changes to a proposed liquor bill that would block any new drive-through lanes at liquor stores and would prohibit tasting samples from being given out at stores. And because of soaring gas prices, Governor Napolitano wants the EPA to give Arizona a waiver on the use of summertime fuel.