Search Results for: internet
June 22, 2015
- FTC Internet Advertising Rules | Video
- Because of the continuous growth of social and digital media, the Federal Trade Commission has updated the guidelines section of their website to address matters concerning internet advertising and marketing. It’s the first update since 2010. John Norling, an attorney from Jennings, Strouss & Salmon, will tell us more about the updated guidelines.
February 10, 2014
- Broadband for Schools | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer has proposed expanding the state’s internet broadband infrastructure for schools at a cost of $350 million. However, the plan is meeting some resistance from school officials because it calls for schools to pay for it. Chuck Essigs, director of governmental relations for the Arizona Association of School Business Officials, will talk about the plan.
March 6, 2012
- Taxing Online Sales | Video
- A bill (SB 1338) is moving through the Arizona State Legislature that would require Internet-based companies like Amazon.com to collect state taxes on the products it sells. Michelle Ahlmer, Executive Director of the Arizona Retailers Association, explains why her organization is supporting the bill.
July 30, 2008
- e-Learning | Video
- Because of the Internet, students don�t have to sit in a traditional classroom to get an education. We examine the variety of e-Learning opportunities that exist in Arizona.
October 13, 2005
- Google, the internet search engine company, has announced it is searching for a site in the Valley to put an office that would employ 600 people. Learn more about the move from a Google company representative.