Search Results for: illnesses
October 16, 2014
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Genomics Institute | Video
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital has opened up a new institute to apply state-of-the-art genomic and proteomic technology for diagnoses, treatments and cures for children facing serious illnesses. Robert L. Meyer, president and CEO of Phoenix Children’s Hospital, will discuss the new Chan Soon-Shiong Children’s Precision Medicine Institute.
January 9, 2013
- Violence and Mental Illness | Video
- The tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut is raising the debate over a variety of issues, including gun control & school safety. It’s also increasing awareness about mental illness. Phoenix psychiatrist Dr. Michael Yasinski discusses what is known and what we should know about violence and mental illnesses.
May 21, 2012
- Agreement in Lawsuit Over Services for the Seriously Mentally Ill | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer and plaintiffs in the 1981 Arnold v. Sarn lawsuit have signed a 2-year agreement that creates a framework for improving services for people who have serious mental illnesses. Dr. Laura Nelson, Director of the Division of Behavioral Health for the Arizona Department of Health Services, and plaintiffs’ attorney Anne Ronan discuss details of the agreement.
- Arnold v. Sarn Lawsuit History | Video
- Mental Health Attorney Charles “Chick” Arnold explains how his name became associated with the class action lawsuit Arnold v. Sarn. Filed in 1981, the lawsuit seeks to force the State of Arizona to provide the community-based system of care for individuals with serious mental illnesses that is promised in state statute.
July 12, 2010
- Mental Health Funding | Video
- State funding for the seriously mentally ill has been cut in Arizona. Richard Clarke, CEO of Magellan Health Services of Arizona, and Dr.
Laura Nelson, interim deputy director of the Arizona Department of Health Services/Division of Behavioral Services, will discuss how people with serious mental illnesses will get the help they need after the reduction in funding.
June 21, 2010
- Arnold v. Sarn Mental Health Lawsuit | Video
- A three-decades-old lawsuit seeking to improve services for people with serious mental illnesses is all but dead. We’ll talk with Chick Arnold about the long, often frustrating, struggle to get people the care state law says they’re entitled to.
May 4, 2010
- Behavioral Health Cuts | Video
- Dr. Laura Nelson, Acting Director of the Division of Behavioral Health for the State Department of Health Services talks about implementing state budget cuts, and how they may impact people with serious mental illnesses.
January 28, 2010
- Mental Health Services | Video
- Arizona is under a court order to provide services for people with serious mental illnesses, as required by state law. But as part of her budget plan, Governor Jan Brewer wants to remove that law from the books and eliminate most non Title XIX (Medicaid) funding for 14,600 adults with serious mental illnesses. Attorneys Charles “Chick” Arnold and Anne Ronan discuss their concerns and possible repercussions of the Governor’s plan.