Search Results for: illness
January 9, 2013
- Violence and Mental Illness | Video
- The tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut is raising the debate over a variety of issues, including gun control & school safety. It’s also increasing awareness about mental illness. Phoenix psychiatrist Dr. Michael Yasinski discusses what is known and what we should know about violence and mental illnesses.
March 8, 2012
- Living with a Serious Mental Illness | Video
- Randye Kaye, the author of “Ben Behind His Voices: One Family's Journey from the Chaos of Schizophrenia to Hope”, talks about her family’s struggle to help their son recover from a serious mental illness.
January 5, 2012
- Public Safety and Mental Illness | Video
- It's been a year since the tragic shooting in
Tucson that left six people dead and many others injured, including U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords. Experts explore the challenges they face when mental health, criminal justice and public safety are intertwined.
January 24, 2011
- Arizona's Mental Health Laws | Video
- The tragic shootings in Tucson have raised questions and awareness about mental illness in Arizona's mental health laws. Medical health attorney Charles "Chick" Arnold discusses the issues.
May 4, 2010
- Behavioral Health Cuts | Video
- Dr. Laura Nelson, Acting Director of the Division of Behavioral Health for the State Department of Health Services talks about implementing state budget cuts, and how they may impact people with serious mental illnesses.
May 27, 2008
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome | Video
- More than one million Americans suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However, it is still a misunderstood illness and it is difficult to find health care professionals who know how to diagnose and treat it. The Centers for Disease Control recently announced that CFS is a real illness and that it is a public health concern. We talk with a doctor who is a CFS specialist and a patient who is battling the syndrome.
August 22, 2006
- Celica disease
- Help for a serious digestive illness that affects people when they eat certain grains and foods.
June 8, 2005