Search Results for: identity
April 17, 2014
- Tax Fraud | Video
- Did someone file taxes in your name without your knowledge? Identity theft is a big problem during the tax-filing season. Brian Watson of the IRS Criminal Investigation Division and Arizona Department of Revenue Spokesman Anthony Forschino will discuss the issue.
May 18, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Rapid DNA Testing | Video
- After Osama bin Laden was killed, his identity was quickly verified through DNA. It likely required massive equipment in a nearby command center, but the UofA is working on technology to make the process more portable. Dr. Frederick Zenhausern, Director of the Center for Applied Nano-bioscience and Medicine at the UA Medical School in Phoenix, discusses the development of Rapid DNA testing equipment.
September 25, 2008
- Proposition 202: Employer Sanctions | Video
- We end our series on propositions with a debate about Proposition 202, the employer sanctions initiative. The new initiative is intended to be more friendly to employers caught hiring illegal aliens. It would also make other constitutional changes, such as expanding the crime of identity theft.
July 19, 2006
- Hawaiian Documentary
- The Hawaiians: Reflecting Spirit, a film airing on Wednesday at 10 p.m. on Eight sheds light on the spiritual and community strength of a native people whose identity is deeply tied to their homeland. HORIZON talks with the filmmaker and a Hawaiian state official about programs to re-establish native language and cultural customs.
June 29, 2006
- AHCCCS - New Citizenship Requirements
- Effective July 1, a change in federal law, The Deficit Reduction Act, will require all Medicaid (AHCCCS) members and applicants claiming U.S. citizenship to provide proof of both U.S. citizenship and identity when renewing or applying for AHCCCS health insurance benefits. Get the facts about the change and what it means for Arizonans.
October 10, 2005
- ID Theft
- The Arizona Attorney General's office announced indictments against seven defendants arrested in September following an investigation conducted by the Governor's Fraudulent ID Task Force. Attorney General Terry Goddard joins Michael Grant in the studio to talk about those indictments and Arizona's identity theft problem.
July 26, 2005
- Identity Theft Special
- Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in America and Arizona has the highest rate of ID theft of any state in the nation. In this special edition of HORIZON, learn what you need to know to know about this growing crime and what you can do to protect yourself. Learn more.
June 29, 2005
- County Attorney
- Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas joins Michael Grant to talk about topics including attorney staffing issues in his office, identity theft, green swimming pool code violations, and the decision not to prosecute Sgt. Patrick Haab, an army reservist who held seven undocumented immigrants at gunpoint at an Arizona rest stop in April.
March 2, 2005
March 1, 2005
February 28, 2005
- Identity Theft
- "Horizon" begins a series looking at the problem of identity theft. How some thieves will do anything to get into your mailbox.
February 4, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- At this Journalists Roundtable, our panelists discuss former Arizona Governor Fife Symington's comments that he may decide to run again for the office in 2006. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has started a controversial plan he says can combat identity theft. And Governor Janet Napolitano revived Arizona's film commission this week by naming several big names to the panel.