Search Results for: health services
March 11, 2014
- AZ Giving & Leading: Florence Crittenton of Arizona | Video
- Founded in 1896, Florence Crittenton is Arizona’s oldest social services agency. Florence Crittenton provides shelter, counseling, social support and education to nearly 1,200 girls and their families. The young women and girls served by Florence Crittenton have suffered from poverty, abuse, neglect, crime and homelessness. Florence Crittenton CEO Dr. Kellie Warren will discuss her agency’s programs.
March 7, 2014
February 21, 2014
February 20, 2014
- Intergenerational Award | Video
- The Greater Phoenix area has been named one of the best intergenerational regions in the country. MetLife Foundation and Generations United have announced the Maricopa region will receive one of four Best Intergenerational Communities Awards on March 25 in Washington, D.C. Maricopa Association of Governments Human Services Director Amy St. Peter and Jacky Alling, Senior Program Officer at the Arizona Community Foundation, will discuss the award and why the Phoenix area is receiving it.
February 14, 2014
February 4, 2014
- Flu Update | Video
- The flu has turned deadly in Arizona, with at least one adult and one pediatric death being reported in Yuma County. State health officials say it is widespread in the highest category possible. Jessica Rigler, Bureau Chief for the State Bureau of Epidemiology and Disease control, will give us a flu update.
February 3, 2014