Search Results for: guided tour
January 28, 2014
- Verde River Artwork | Video
- Last April, 25 artists were sent by the Verde Valley Land Preservation organization on a 3-day, 2-night kayaking and camping tour down a 10-mile stretch of the Verde River. Artwork inspired from that trip is now a traveling exhibition that is currently at the State Capitol Executive Tower lobby. Steve Estes of Verde Valley Land Preservation and one of the participating artists Joanne Agostinelli, will discuss the effort and resulting artwork.
January 16, 2014
November 13, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: Arizona Science Center Exhibit | Video
- The Arizona Science Center has a new exhibit that’s all about designing, creating and inventing. “Imaginate” is a completely hands-on exhibit that encourages kids to test out their ideas and theories. The 8,000 square-foot exhibit features a paper plane making station, a wind tunnel, dance room and stop-motion filmmaking. The exhibit runs through January 5th. We’ll give you a video tour.
November 12, 2013
- Sustainability: Solar Home Tour | Video
- In honor of Arizona Solar and Renewable Energy Month, several homeowners and businesses opened their doors to the public. They were part of a free, self-guided tour featuring ten solar and sustainable buildings in the Phoenix metro area. We’ll show you what kind of technology, materials and designs go into a Vali Homes prototype.
August 6, 2013
- Homeownership, the Middle Class | Video
- President Barack Obama will visit Phoenix Tuesday as part of his “Better Bargain for the Middle Class” tour. The president is set to talk about home ownership. Economists Byron Schlomach of the Goldwater Institute and Tim James of Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business will talk about the middle class and home ownership.
May 23, 2013
- Da Vinci – The Genius Exhibit | Video
- An Arizona Science Center exhibit titled “Da Vinci - The Genius” is the most comprehensive exhibition on Leonardo da Vinci to tour the world. It shows the full range of his genius as an inventor, artist, scientist, anatomist and more. The exhibit blends science, engineering, art and culture, and features a look at the secrets of the Mona Lisa. Sari Custer, director of guest experience at Arizona Science Center, will tell us more about the exhibit. Robert Bjork, director of the Arizona Center for Medieval & Renaissance Studies at Arizona State University and a world-renowned expert in medieval studies, will talk about da Vinci and his work.
December 19, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat Special | Video
- 100 years of Arizona music is featured in “I Am AZ Music”, a special exhibition at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. Art collector Eddie Basha gives a tour of the Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery of Western American and Native American Art. Tempe-based A Ludwig Dance Theatre – Arizona’s oldest performing dance company –celebrates 35 years of socially-conscious dance.
November 29, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Lunar Landscapes | Video
- During the month of November, visitors to monOrchid gallery in downtown Phoenix have been able to take a tour of the Moon. “Lunar Landscapes” is an exhibition of large format images acquired by a team of scientists at ASU using cameras aboard NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.
The images are online at lroc.asu.edu.
August 30, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat Special | Video
- 100 years of Arizona music is featured in “I Am AZ Music”, a new exhibition at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. Art collector Eddie Basha gives a tour of the Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery of Western American and Native American Art. Tempe-based A Ludwig Dance Theatre – Arizona’s oldest performing dance company –celebrates 35 years of socially-conscious dance.
May 28, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat Special (Repeat) | Video
- Learn about Arizona’s music history with a visit to the “I Am AZ Music” exhibition at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, tour the Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery of Western and Native American Art with Arizona grocer Eddie Basha, and learn about the Valley’s longest-running dance company from the founder of Tempe-based A Ludwig Dance Theatre.
March 22, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Zelma Basha Gallery | Video
- Arizona collector Eddie Basha gives a tour of the Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery of Western American and Native American Art. Named after his aunt Zelma, the Gallery features an impressive and diverse collection of art that Eddie Basha has personally collected through the years.
March 15, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Art Detour 24 | Video
- Mike Oleskow of the nonprofit Artlink discusses the organization’s annual Art Detour event. The event is a free, two-day, self-guided art tour of downtown Phoenix that’s taking place March 17 & 18.
February 2, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Golf Course Design | Video
- Arizona ArtBeat: Golf Course Design
As top golfers on the PGA Tour tee it up at the 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open, golf course architect Forrest Richardson discusses the art of golf course design.
February 1, 2012
September 20, 2010
November 11, 2009
- Tempe Transit Center | Video
- The heart of Tempe’s public transportation infrastructure is gaining international attention for its world class sustainable design. Architect and Principal Planner for the city’s Transportation division, Bonnie Richardson, takes us on a tour of this award-winning building.
July 30, 2009
- Nick Cave Art Exhibit | Video
- We’ll take you on a tour of “Meet Me at the Center of the Earth,” a new exhibit at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary art featuring the work of artist Nick Cave.
March 19, 2009
- Cleveland Indians Spring Ballpark | Video
- Take a tour of the Cleveland Indians new spring training complex in Goodyear, Arizona.
- L.A. Dodgers: New Spring Training Home | Video
- A tour of the new spring training home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, Glendale's Camelback Ranch.
Ned Colletti, Los Angeles Dodgers General Manager, talks about moving the team's spring training headquarters from Vero Beach, Florida to Glendale, Arizona.
February 25, 2009
- Goodyear Ballpark | Video
- There’s a new gem in the Arizona Cactus League. Take a tour of the new spring training home of the Cleveland Indians located in Goodyear, Arizona.
January 19, 2009
- Chihuly Display | Video
- Join HORIZON for a tour of artist Dale Chihuly's latest blown-glass display at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.
December 15, 2008
- Chihuly Exhibit
- Frozen light are words often used to describe the brilliant, colorful blown-glass artwork of Dale Chihuly. HORIZON presents a video tour of his latest installation on display through May at Phoenix's Desert Botanical Garden.
March 26, 2008
- school to Work Program | Video
- students considering a career in theater take a tour of Arizona State University�s Gammage Theater and learn what it takes to put on a play. HORIZON takes you behind the scenes of Gammage�s �School to Work� program.
July 31, 2007
- USS Tucson
- Two ships of the United States Navy have been named after the city of Tucson, Arizona. The first was a light cruiser, commissioned in 1945 and decommissioned in 1949. The second is a Los Angeles-Class nuclear attack submarine commissioned in 1995 and on active duty as of 2006. Recently, reporter Christopher Conover and a group of residents from The Old Pueblo took a tour of the sub.
November 29, 2006
- Phoenix Art Museum Expansion
- The Phoenix Art Museum gives HORIZON a tour of its 43,000 square foot expansion of museum space. You'll see a new lobby, an expanded gift shop, a sculpture garden and a four-level gallery wing.
May 9, 2005
- Arizona Stories: Bead Museum
- Beads can be a window into human culture. That's the emphasis of the only museum in the world dedicated strictly to beads. It's located in downtown Glendale. Producer Mike Sauceda and videographer Richard Torruellas take us on a video tour of the "bead museum."