Search Results for: grid
July 31, 2013
- APS Solar Power Charges | Video
- Arizona Public Service released a plan recently to charge residential customers who install solar panels $50 to $100 more a month. The utility says the charges are needed to maintain the electricity grid, but the move is facing lots of opposition, including a vote by the Cave Creek town council to oppose the plan. Barbara Lockwood, General Manager of Energy Innovation for APS, will discuss the plan.
May 2, 2013
- Living off the Grid | Video
- Former University of Arizona professor Guy McPherson left his tenured full professorship in 2009 to live off the grid. He moved into a straw-bale house in New Mexico and lives a sustainable lifestyle, with organic gardening, and raising small animals for eggs and milk. McPherson’s life has been made into a film titled "Somewhere in New Mexico before the End of Time,” which will debut in Tucson on May 4. McPherson will talk about his life and the film.
October 13, 2011
- Expediting Electrical Transmission Lines | Video
- President Obama’s plan to fast-track the permitting and construction of major electrical transmission line projects - including one in Arizona - is touted as a way to create jobs; increase capacity and reliability of the nation’s electrical grid; and accelerate the growth of domestic clean energy. Find out what the plan means for Arizona from Kris Mayes, former Arizona Corporation Commissioner who is now in charge of the Program on Law and Sustainability at ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, and Sandy Bahr, Director of the Sierra Club’s Grand Canyon Chapter.
March 4, 2010