Search Results for: gpec
October 7, 2013
- Manufacturing Grant | Video
- The Greater Phoenix Economic Council and Arizona State University were awarded a $170,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce to accelerate manufacturing and aid in job creation. The “Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership” grant will be used to plan for an Innovation and Commercialization Center for Advanced Manufacturing in the Phoenix area. GPEC President and CEO Barry Broome and Sethuraman “Panch” Panchanathan, Senior Vice President for ASU’s Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development, will discuss the grant and the planned manufacturing center.
November 16, 2011
- Personalized Medicine | Video
- The Greater Phoenix Economic Council is hosting a summit on the future of the personalized medicine industry in Arizona. GPEC President and CEO Barry Broome; Richard Mallery, Founder and Chairman of the International Genomics Consortium; and ASU Professor Anna Barker director of the university’s Transformative Healthcare Networks initiative talk about Arizona’s growth opportunities in personalized medicine.
July 13, 2011
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council | Video
- GPEC CEO Barry Broome is no longer planning to leave Phoenix to lead an economic development effort in San Diego. Find out why he’s staying and how he hopes to grow and diversify Arizona’s economy.
January 26, 2011
- Economic Competitiveness | Video
- One of Governor Jan Brewer’s “Four Cornerstones of Reform” includes efforts to grow jobs by making Arizona more economically competitive. We’ll take a look at the proposed plan.
September 21, 2010
- New GPEC Chairman | Video
- University of Phoenix President Bill Pepicello discusses his new role as chairman of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council.
November 16, 2009
- Solar Company Moves to Arizona | Video
- Chinese solar panel manufacturer Suntech Power Holdings has announced plans to build a manufacturing plant in Arizona. Barry Broome, President and CEO of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council talks about ongoing efforts to lure renewable energy companies, like Suntech, to Arizona.
September 24, 2009
- Solar Power Trip | Video
- Members of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council traveled to Germany to encourage solar companies there to relocate to Arizona. Barry Broome of GPEC discusses the trip.