Search Results for: geology
January 7, 2015
- Naturalist Certification Program | Video
- If you are passionate about the natural world in Arizona and want to learn more about it, the Highlands Center’s Naturalist Certification Program offers a chance to learn the natural history of the Central Arizona Highlands. The program is run by Highlands Center education staff and supplemented by local professors and field experts. Classes and trips focus on the natural history of the Central Arizona Highlands and showcase local plants, reptiles, amphibians, geology, weather, ornithology, and entomology. Tom Benson, naturalist and the Highlands Center for Natural History Board President, will tell us more about the Naturalist Certification Program.
October 17, 2013
- Earthquake Preparedness | Video
- Millions of people worldwide practiced how to “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” during an earthquake at 10:17 a.m. on October 17* during Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills! Although Arizona is not known for devastating earthquakes, the event was held here as well. Michael Conway, Chief of the Geologic Extension Service from the Arizona Geological Survey, will talk about the event and Arizona earthquakes.
January 4, 2005
- State of Education
- Help is on the way for Arizona high school students who fail the AIMS test. The state board of education approved $10 million for tutoring. Superintendent of public instruction, Tom Horne will talk about that and other education issues.
- Tsunami Relief
- Food and medical supplies are on the way for those who survived the earthquake and the Tsunami in Southeast Asia. But relief agencies and nonprofit are still asking for support in the aftermath of the worst natural disaster in the past century. We'll look at local efforts to help.
- Mars Rover Anniversary
- Researchers celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Mars Rover landing. We'll talk to an ASU scientist involved in the historic mission.