Search Results for: game
February 10, 2014
- Bass at Roosevelt Lake | Video
- The Arizona Game and Fish Department is spending $356,000 to increase the bass population at Roosevelt Lake. Curtis Gill, an Arizona Game and Fish Fisheries Program Manager, will talk about the effort to introduce a fast-growing Florida species of bass to Roosevelt Lake.
December 18, 2013
- 2016 College Football Championship Game | Video
- The Fiesta Bowl has been awarded the 2016 College Football Championship Game. The game will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Robert Shelton, executive director for the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the acquisition.
October 1, 2013
- Yarnell Hill Fire Report | Video
- A report was released by the Arizona State Forestry Division on the Yarnell Hill Fire, which killed 19 firefighters. Wildfire expert Jim Paxon, currently of the Arizona Game and Fish Department, will discuss the report.
September 26, 2013
- Condor Release | Video
- There are only 431 California Condors left in the world. Some will be released to the wild in the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in northern Arizona this Saturday. The public is welcome to observe the release. Jeff Humphrey of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Mike Rabe of the Arizona Game and Fish Department will discuss the release and the state of California Condors.
August 27, 2013
- High School Sports Concussions | Video
- On the eve of the start of the high school football season in Arizona, new regulations are being implemented limiting full contact during football practice. Also, a new video game aimed at educating young people about concussions is being released. Concussion expert Dr. Javier Cardenas of the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s hospital and Dr. Tamara McLeod from A.T. Still University will discuss efforts to cut down on concussions among high school athletes.
June 27, 2013
- Arizona ArtBeat: Video Game Art | Video
- “The Art of Video Games” is a Smithsonian American Art Museum exhibit currently on display at the Phoenix Art Museum. The exhibit displays the forty-year evolution of video games as an artistic medium. Chris Melissinos, the curator of the exhibition, and Jim Ballinger, chief curator for the Phoenix Art Museum, will discuss the display.
November 11, 2011
October 12, 2011
- Arizona Hosts 2015 Super Bowl | Video
- Arizona edged out Tampa to host Super Bowl XLIX in 2015. Mike Kennedy, chairman of the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee, talks about the state’s winning campaign to bring the big game back to Arizona for the second time in seven years.
July 21, 2011
- Fish Consumption Advisory | Video
- Due to rising mercury levels in some species of fish, the Arizona Game and Fish Department warn that eating too much of the fish could make you very sick.
February 14, 2011
- Arizona Diamondbacks | Video
- Arizona Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the team’s new spring training facility and hosting the All-Star game.
March 25, 2010
- Game and Fish Commission | Video
- Senate Bill 1200 changes the process for appointing Arizona Game and Fish Commissioners. Critics say it hijacks the commission, putting Arizona’s wildlife in the hands of special interests. Hear both sides of the issue from Arizona Game and Fish Commissioner Norm Freeman and Pete Cimellaro, an Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife board member.
February 2, 2009
- Leonard Downie Jr. | Video
- Former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie, Jr., has been hired to teach at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. We talk to Downie about his new post and his recently published novel, Rules of the Game.
November 19, 2007
- super Bowl: Beyond the End Zone
- The city of Glendale is working 24/7 to prepare for the 2008 Super Bowl. From public safety, to sanitation, to marketing, Glendale is getting ready for visitors, residents and the eyes of the world to focus on the city for the big game. In the area around the stadium, there are nine new hotels under development. Glendale mayor Elaine Scruggs joins HORIZON to talk about all of the work that has been going on leading up to the game.
January 29, 2007
- super Bowl
- As members of the Super Bowl Host Committee head to Miami this week to watch the wind-up to the game this Sunday, we talk with a member of the committee who was instrumental in getting the 2008 Super Bowl for Glendale, Michael Bidwell, Vice President/General Counsel for the Arizona Cardinals.
January 4, 2007
- College Bowl Games
- The Fiesta Bowl played at the University of Phoenix Stadium is a game still being talked about. The BCS Championship game will be played there Monday. Find out how stadium and Glendale officials are dealing with the big bowl games. Brad Parker of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority and Jennifer Reichelt of the City of Glendale will talk about stadium management and traffic issues.
August 17, 2006
- Cardinals Stadium
- The Arizona Cardinals have now hosted the first game at the new, state-of-the-art stadium in Glendale. This weekend the public is invited for free tours of the facility. Horizon gives you a preview of the tours, with a behind-the-scenes look. Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs and Global Crossing's Scott Norton join us to talk about the stadium and its impact on Glendale and the West Valley.
April 22, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- Former Maricopa County attorney Rick Romley announced that he will not run for Governor, joining a growing list of Republican candidates who will sit out the race. The Minuteman Project, which has patrolled the Mexican border this month wrap up early as two leaders prepare to take their case to Washington. And the Arizona legislature prepared a bill to help the Fiesta Bowl land the 2007 national championship game over the objection of the NFL.