Search Results for: fundraising
September 29, 2015
- Small Business Financing | Video
- Getting financing to go into business for yourself can be the most daunting part of the job, and there is more than just raising the money to be concerned about. Many business owners may be violating federal and state laws through their efforts to raise funds. Steven Reed of Jennings, Strouss & Salmon will talk about avoiding those pitfalls.
August 6, 2015
- Giving and Leading: 2015 Heart Ball | Video
- It’s called the premier annual social fundraising event of the Phoenix area, and this year’s Heart Ball will focus on Childhood Obesity Prevention. Kimberly Afkhami, chair of the 56th Heart Ball, will tell us more.
October 21, 2013
- Campaign Contribution Limits | Video
- The Arizona Court of Appeals recently put an injunction on higher campaign contribution limits approved by the legislature this year. The injunction comes as politicians are in the midst of fundraising for next year’s election. Sam Wercinski of the Arizona Advocacy Network and attorney Lee Miller will discuss the pros and cons of the higher limits.
July 25, 2013
- Kolb Studio | Video
- The Grand Canyon Association is launching a fundraising campaign to renovate Kolb Studio, a 109-year-old building perched on the edge of the south rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Kolb Studio served for decades as a business and home for brothers Emery and Ellsworth Kolb. They photographed hikers and tourists starting down the Bright Angel Trail. Their images helped document the Grand Canyon and early tourism in the West. Helen Ranney, Assistant Director of Philanthropy for the Grand Canyon Association, will talk about the Kolb Studio and the fundraising effort.
August 2, 2012
- Team ACA Private Donations | Video
- Team ACA, the nonprofit fundraising arm of the Arizona Commerce Authority, has been criticized for not revealing the amounts of donations from private sources. Team ACA Executive Director Don Cardon addresses those criticisms.
October 11, 2005