Search Results for: football fiesta
January 29, 2015
- Mega Sporting Events | Video
- The Super Bowl, the Pro Bowl, the College Football Playoff National Championship, the NCAA Final Four, all mega sports events that will be played in the Phoenix area. Brad Wright, co-chair of the Arizona Organizing Committee, the host of the 2016 College Football Playoff National Championship, will talk about what it takes to get mega sports events in Arizona and what the payoff is.
December 18, 2013
- 2016 College Football Championship Game | Video
- The Fiesta Bowl has been awarded the 2016 College Football Championship Game. The game will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Robert Shelton, executive director for the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the acquisition.
August 27, 2013
- High School Sports Concussions | Video
- On the eve of the start of the high school football season in Arizona, new regulations are being implemented limiting full contact during football practice. Also, a new video game aimed at educating young people about concussions is being released. Concussion expert Dr. Javier Cardenas of the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s hospital and Dr. Tamara McLeod from A.T. Still University will discuss efforts to cut down on concussions among high school athletes.
June 27, 2012
- College Football Playoffs | Video
- Fiesta Bowl Executive Director Robert Shelton talks about the new college football playoff system that’s set to begin in 2014 and what it could mean for the Fiesta Bowl.
May 1, 2012
- BCS Championship | Video
- The BCS has recommended a four-team championship series to replace the current controversial system to determine a champion in college football. Robert Shelton, Executive Director of the Fiesta Bowl, will talk about the new plan and how the Fiesta Bowl may be involved.
January 4, 2012
- Fiesta Bowl
- Oklahoma State’s thrilling overtime victory over Stanford was just what the Fiesta Bowl needed as the organization continues to repair its reputation that was tarnished by scandal. The Fiesta Bowl’s new executive director Robert Shelton explains what the organization is doing to win the public’s trust.
October 12, 2011
- Arizona Hosts 2015 Super Bowl | Video
- Arizona edged out Tampa to host Super Bowl XLIX in 2015. Mike Kennedy, chairman of the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee, talks about the state’s winning campaign to bring the big game back to Arizona for the second time in seven years.
August 4, 2011
- 2015 Super Bowl Bid | Video
- Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee Chairman Mike Kennedy talks about Arizona’s bid to host the 2015 Super Bowl.
August 2, 2011
- New Fiesta Bowl CEO | Video
- Former UA President Robert Shelton talks about his new role as executive director of the Fiesta Bowl.
June 23, 2011
- Westgate City Center | Video
- Westgate City Center is facing foreclosure, and Glendale Shopping Complex near the Cardinals Football Stadium has been scheduled for auction.
April 6, 2011
- Gifts to Legislators | Video
- Amid reports that some state lawmakers accepted gifts from the Fiesta Bowl that were not reported on their financial disclosure statements, we learn about Arizona’s laws regarding gifts to lawmakers from Secretary of State Ken Bennett whose office maintains the financial reports of lawmakers and lobbyists.
March 29, 2011
- Fiesta Bowl Shake-up | Video
- Business Journal reporter Mike Sunnucks discusses the termination of longtime Fiesta Bowl CEO John Junker and the release of a report detailing the improper use of Fiesta Bowl funds for personal and political purposes.
January 4, 2007
- College Bowl Games
- The Fiesta Bowl played at the University of Phoenix Stadium is a game still being talked about. The BCS Championship game will be played there Monday. Find out how stadium and Glendale officials are dealing with the big bowl games. Brad Parker of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority and Jennifer Reichelt of the City of Glendale will talk about stadium management and traffic issues.
April 22, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- Former Maricopa County attorney Rick Romley announced that he will not run for Governor, joining a growing list of Republican candidates who will sit out the race. The Minuteman Project, which has patrolled the Mexican border this month wrap up early as two leaders prepare to take their case to Washington. And the Arizona legislature prepared a bill to help the Fiesta Bowl land the 2007 national championship game over the objection of the NFL.