Search Results for: fires
July 18, 2013
- Fire Expert Stephen Pyne | Video
- World-renowned fire expert Stephen Pyne, an Arizona State University Regents Professor, will join us to discuss wild land fires and fire policy in light of the Yarnell Hill Fire that killed 19 firefighters in Arizona.
June 13, 2011
- Forest Health | Video
- Experts say Arizona’s catastrophic wildfires are the result of unhealthy, unnaturally dense forests that are the product of America’s forest management policies. The Four Forest Restoration Initiative (4FRI) is an effort to create healthier ecosystems on parts of four Arizona forests. Learn about the challenges facing 4FRI from stakeholders Wally Covington, Regents’ professor of Forest Ecology and executive director of the Ecological Restoration Institute at Northern Arizona University; Henry Provencio of the U.S. Forest Service; Ethan Aumack of the Grand Canyon Trust and a representative of the Center for Biological Diversity.
July 12, 2007
- Fire Update
- several forest fires are burning throughout our state. Kirk Rowdabaugh of the Arizona State Land Department will give us an update.
February 15, 2006
- Fire Season
- As Arizona continues to cope with a lengthy dry spell, northern region emergency crews have started combating forest brush fires. Michael Grant talks with Stephen Pyne, Regent Professor of ASU School of Life Sciences, about the Arizona drought, its effects, and the potential increased cost.
January 5, 2006
- For more than 70 days now, the Valley has had no rain. National Weather Service Meteorologist Tony Haffer will talk about the drought and why it's happening. Kirk Rowdabaugh of the State Land Department will talk about the drought's impact to help provide fuel for wild fires.
September 26, 2005
- Fire Prevention
- Find out what measures the Payson Ranger District is taking to battle forest fires.
June 14, 2005
- Fires!, A HORIZON Special Edition
- This special edition of HORIZON examines the history of fire management, the politics, and the state of desert and forest environments.
May 23, 2005
- Fire! Part one of four
- We begin a four-part series on the danger of wildfire. Tonight, how big fires have changed the way we fight them.