Search Results for: fellow
April 22, 2015
- TEDxPhoenix | Video
- TEDxPhoenix brings the inspirational ideas of TED to the Mesa Arts Center on April 26 with the "Press Play," theme, which looks at what it takes to drown out the noise, ignore the odds and choose your own adventure. Some of the guest at this year’s TEDxPhoenix will include Emmy-winning and Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Bristol Baughan, Research fellow and geneticist Rachel Bloom and comedian Danny Lobell. Wardah Jamil, one of the lead organizers of the event, will tell us more.
April 6, 2015
- Climate Science Fiction | Video
- If you’ve ever seen the movie, “The Day After Tomorrow,” you’ve seen an example of climate science fiction, or “Cli-Fi.” It’s a literary genre that allows us to peek into a future where our actions on the planet play out in full form. Manjana Milkoreit, a postdoctoral research fellow with Arizona State University’s Walton Sustainability Fellowship Program, and Clark Miller, a senior sustainability scientist in the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, will discuss Cli-Fi and how it impacts our current world.
April 22, 2014
- Moratorium on Regulations | Video
- One of Governor Jan Brewer’s first actions as governor was to impose a moratorium on new regulations. A new report is out on that issue. The Grand Canyon Institute’s report, “Why Arizona’s Regulatory Moratorium is Unnecessary,” reveals how moratoriums can lead to less public oversight and are not meeting the stated goal of creating more jobs. Grand Canyon Institute fellow Karen Smith, who wrote the report, will discuss her findings.
March 5, 2014
- State of Women in Arizona | Video
- A new report will be released on the state of women in Arizona by the Arizona Foundation for Women. It was conducted by the Grand Canyon Institute for the Southern Foundation of Arizona Women and looks at the economic and education conditions of women and families in our state and offers solutions to the problems it outlines. Sara Presler, CEO of the Arizona Foundation for Women, and Grand Canyon Institute Fellow Molly Castelazo, will talk about the report’s findings.
September 13, 2012
- Egyptian Perspective on Anti-American Riots | Video
- Kareem Awadalla, the host of a political program for the Egyptian Radio and Television Union, and a Humphrey Fellow who’s currently studying journalism at ASU, shares his perspective on riots and violence against U.S. diplomatic compounds taking place in the Middle East.
April 30, 2012
- Merrill/Morrison Poll | Video
- Dr. Bruce Merrill, senior fellow at ASU’s Morrison Institute and director of the Merrill/Morrison Institute Poll, shares the latest results of his polling about the Presidential race and Arizona politics.
February 27, 2012
August 30, 2010
- Water Report | Video
- ASU Morrison Institute Senior Research Fellow Grady Gammage Jr., discusses the Institute’s newly released report “Watering the Sun Corridor” and what it says about a sustainable water future for Arizona.
March 30, 2006
- successful Hispanic Schools
- Why some schools with Latino children beat the odds and why others don't is the topic of a new report by Arizona State University's Morrison Institute and the Center for the Future of Arizona. Lattie Coor, CEO, Center for the Future of Arizona, and Mary Jo Waits, senior fellow, join Michael Grant to discuss the report's findings.
March 10, 2006
- Governor Napolitano's Vetoes
- Gov. Napolitano has vetoed more than 100 bills since becoming Arizona's Governor in 2002. Why has she vetoed so many bills? Michael Grant talks with Dr. David Berman, Senior Research Fellow with ASU's Morrison Institute for Public Policy, about Napolitano's possibly record-breaking vetoes.
- Medicare deadline
- The Medicare deadline is fast approaching. The program is known for its complexities, but the state has developed the 'benefits checkup' which can assist with determining what service is right for each person.
- Education legislation
- A proposed bill would allow high school seniors to earn more bonus points for good grades on core classes and electives.
January 23, 2006
- Legislature 2006: Budget
- Join HORIZON this week for a four-part look at the issues that promise to take center stage during this year's legislative session. Tonight, we examine the budget with the Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Republican Senator Bob Burns and fellow Committee member Democratic Senator Robert Cannell.