Search Results for: fatality
November 15, 2012
- Child Fatality Report | Video
- 837 Arizona kids died last year according to the Arizona Child Fatality Review Program’s 19th annual report. The overall number of child deaths continues to decline, but homicides and suicides are on the rise. Find out more about the report from Will Humble, Director of the State Department of Health Services, and Dana Wolfe Naimark, President and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance.
August 30, 2010
- Child Protective Services | Video
- Arizona Republic columnist Laurie Roberts talks about instances when Arizona’s Child Protective Services fails to protect children in its care from further abuse. She discusses her struggle to gain access to records in cases of a fatality and near fatality that, if made public, can help hold the agency accountable by giving the public a better understanding of what went wrong.
October 14, 2008
- Domestic Violence | Video
- A Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team was created by state lawmakers in 2005. The mission of the team, made up of law enforcement, domestic violence officials, clergy and business representatives, just to name a few, is to take a deeper look into the problem of fatal domestic violence. Libby Bissa, chair of the Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team, talks about the team's goals.
April 30, 2008
- Protecting Arizona's Children Part 3 | Video
- State Representatives Jonathan Paton and David Bradley talk about legislative efforts to make Child Protective Services more accountable, in part by providing public access to CPS records about cases that result in a child fatality or near fatality.