Search Results for: fast
March 18, 2015
- Fast Brain Tumor Research | Video
- Brain tumor experts at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center have launched a revolutionary fast-track approach to cancer research. In partnership with The Ben & Catherine Ivy Foundation, the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, the “Phase 0 Trials,” shorten the evaluation of drug therapies for brain tumors from an average of five years to only six months. Dr. Nader Sanai, director of the Barrow Brain Tumor Research Center, and Dr. Michael Berens, TGen’s Deputy Director for Research Resources, will discuss the new research method.
November 13, 2014
- Arizona Town Hall: Employment and the Economy | Video
- The latest Arizona Town Hall explores why the state has not recovered in employment and the economy in general as fast as the rest of the nation as a whole. Rebecca Timmer, Corporate Relations for Dibble Engineering and Karrin Taylor, Executive Vice President for Entitlements at DMB Associates, Inc. will discuss results of the latest Arizona Town Hall.
March 25, 2014
- ACA Deadline | Video
- The March 31 deadline to enroll for insurance under the Affordable Care Act is fast approaching. Cheryl O'Donnell of Enroll America will bring us up to date on the latest in efforts to enroll Arizonans for health insurance.
February 10, 2014
- Bass at Roosevelt Lake | Video
- The Arizona Game and Fish Department is spending $356,000 to increase the bass population at Roosevelt Lake. Curtis Gill, an Arizona Game and Fish Fisheries Program Manager, will talk about the effort to introduce a fast-growing Florida species of bass to Roosevelt Lake.
April 9, 2013
- Tax Tips | Video
- The tax filing deadline of April 15 is fast approaching. Bill Brunson of the IRS and Anthony Forschino of the Arizona Department of Revenue will discuss the latest tax tips and tax fraud.
April 2, 2012
- Arizona Per Capita Income | Video
- Arizona’s per capita income increased last year, but it did not increase as fast as the rest of the nation and we still have one of the lowest per capita income levels in the country. Economist Elliott Pollack of Elliott D. Pollack and Company talks about the latest figures.
February 28, 2012
- Fast Pitch Philanthropy | Video
- On March 6th Social Venture Partners is holding its "2nd Annual Fast Pitch Social Innovation Expo." It’s the culmination of a seven-week training and mentoring program for innovative nonprofits that are effecting social change. Finalists have three minutes to make a “pitch” that could earn their nonprofit $100,000 in funding. SVP Executive Director Terri Wogan talks about the program.
October 13, 2011
- Expediting Electrical Transmission Lines | Video
- President Obama’s plan to fast-track the permitting and construction of major electrical transmission line projects - including one in Arizona - is touted as a way to create jobs; increase capacity and reliability of the nation’s electrical grid; and accelerate the growth of domestic clean energy. Find out what the plan means for Arizona from Kris Mayes, former Arizona Corporation Commissioner who is now in charge of the Program on Law and Sustainability at ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, and Sandy Bahr, Director of the Sierra Club’s Grand Canyon Chapter.
August 31, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: First Solar | Video
- Progress is coming fast on a huge solar panel factory being built in Mesa. The First Solar factory will cover 1.3 million square feet when completed. Solar panel production is expected to start in the middle of next year. Todd Spangler, who was recently named the plant’s manager, will discuss the progress of First Solar.
April 13, 2011
- Last-Minute Tax Tips | Video
- The tax filing deadline is fast approaching, although it’s been extended this year. Get last-minute tax advice from IRS spokesman Bill Brunson and find out about enforcement efforts against tax cheats from IRS criminal investigator Jim McCormick.
January 29, 2009
- Legislature A to Z: Photo Radar | Video
- A bill to ban photo radar is in the fast lane at the state legislature. Hear from the sponsor of the bill and an opponent, as we wrap up our four-part series on important issues before the state legislature this session.
April 5, 2006
- Judicial Merit
- HORIZON explores judicial merit selection. Maricopa County is one of two counties in Arizona that appoints judges based on merit. With a fast growing state, can merit selection improve the judicial system? Michael Grant interviews local leaders on both sides of the issue.
March 10, 2006
- Medicare deadline
- The Medicare deadline is fast approaching. The program is known for its complexities, but the state has developed the 'benefits checkup' which can assist with determining what service is right for each person.