Search Results for: fall
June 10, 2014
- Phoenix Pension Measure | Video
- City of Phoenix voters will be deciding this fall on a measure to reform the city’s pension plan for employees. It would end the practice of boosting pensions by adding vacation and sick time, and would transition employees into a 401-K style plan. Tom Simplot, the co-chair of Phoenix Citizens for Pension Responsibility, which opposes the changes, will discuss the issue.
September 2, 2013
- American Indian History | Video
- Arizona State University Professor Donald Fixico will be teaching a new class this fall that includes American Indian views and values with tools to succeed at the university. Fixico will talk about that and his new book, “Call for Change: The Medicine Way of American Indian History, Ethos & Reality.” His book argues that the current discipline of American Indian history is insensitive to Native people’s view of history.
June 4, 2013
- American Indian History/Education | Video
- Arizona State University Professor Donald Fixico will be teaching a new class in the fall that includes American Indian views and values with tools to succeed at the university. Fixico will talk about that and his new book, “Call for Change: The Medicine Way of American Indian History, Ethos & Reality.” His book argues that the current discipline of American Indian history is insensitive to Native people’s view of history.
March 6, 2013
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: New Tech Degree | Video
- This fall, ASU's College of Technology and Innovation will offer the only Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering in Arizona. This new program will help to accelerate and advance the transformation of the manufacturing industry in Arizona and nationwide. Ann McKenna of the College of Technology and Innovation will discuss the new degree.
January 15, 2013
- Common Core Education Standards | Video
- This fall, Arizona schools will implement rigorous new academic standards. Find out more about the Common Core Education Standards from State Board of Education President Jaime Molera and Higley Unified School District Superintendent Denise Birdwell.
October 15, 2012
- Arizona Fall League 20th Anniversary | Video
- For the past 20 years, every major league baseball team has sent its top prospects to Arizona for further player development in the Arizona Fall League. Learn more about the history and purpose of the league from the longtime baseball executive who’s credited as its architect, Roland Hemond. In 2011, Hemond was awarded the Buck O’Neil Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum’s Board of Directors.
April 3, 2012
- Arizona Diamondbacks New Season | Video
- Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the home team and their surprising success from last year, the high expectations for the upcoming season and the record-breaking numbers of last month's Spring Training.
March 1, 2012
- Society for American Baseball Research | Video
- The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) moved its headquarters from Cleveland to Phoenix in 2011. SABR Executive Director Marc Appleman explains why SABR is a good fit in Arizona.
- Cactus League History | Video
- Susie Steckner, author of the new book Cactus League: Spring Training, and Cactus League expert Rodney Johnson talk about the rich history of Arizona’s Cactus League.
October 25, 2011
- Arizona Fall League | Video
- Now in its 20th season, the Arizona Fall League has been preparing Major League Baseball’s hottest minor league prospects to move up to the big leagues. AFL Executive Director Steve Cobb talks about the league’s first two decades.
February 7, 2011
- Organ Transplants | Video
- Last fall Arizona stopped funding certain kinds of organ transplants under the state's Medicaid program. State legislators promised to revised the issue following a few deaths that resulted from the decision. Representative Anna Tovar, a transplant recipient herself, discusses.
October 21, 2010
- Arizona Fall League | Video
- For Major League Baseball, October means playoffs, but it’s also the month when every MLB team sends its best and brightest prospects to Arizona to compete in the Arizona Fall League. Executive Director of Fall League, Steve Cobb, explains what the league is all about.
September 2, 2009
- Light Rail Update | Video
- METRO Light Rail CEO Rick Simonetta provides an update on light rail operations including the impact of the recent fare increase, extended hours, and the start of ASU’s fall semester.
October 8, 2008
- Arizona Fall League | Video
- The Arizona Diamondbacks are done for the year, but baseball isn�t over in Arizona. On Oct. 7, the Arizona Fall League begins its 17th season. Every MLB team sends its most promising prospects to the AFL to hone their skills against other top talent. Since its inception, the AFL has produced 136 All-Stars, five MVPs and three Cy Young Award winners. Join Roland Hemond, the �architect� of the league, and AFL Executive Vice President Steve Cobb as they discuss the league, its mission, and its future.
June 14, 2007
- Proposition 100
- Last fall, voters approved proposition 100, which requires illegal immigrants accused of serious felonies to be held without bail. Critics charge that the courts are not enforcing the new law, and the state legislature is considering a bill that would lower the level of proof for holding an illegal immigrant accused of a serious felony without bail. Senator Linda Gray and Representative Ben Miranda discuss the measure.
February 20, 2007
- Transporation Legislation
- The way Arizona funds our highway construction projects continues to fall behind the state's needs. Lawmakers are working to seek funding options for highway expansion projects. Senator Jay Tibshraeny, (R) Chandler, joins us to talk about current legislation dealing with transportation.
September 27, 2005
- KAET-ASU Poll
- Bush ratings fall below 50 percent, Governor Napolitano continues to enjoy positve ratings, and Protect Arizona Marriage initiative in early trouble. Get the complete results.