Search Results for: failure
November 25, 2013
- Uninvestigated Child Abuse Cases | Video
- Department of Economic Security Director Clarence Carter revealed last week that over 6,000 cases of child abuse have not been investigated over the past four years. Child Protective Services Oversight Committee Co-chair Senator Nancy Barto and Representative Debbie McCune Davis, a member of the committee, will discuss the failure to investigate the cases.
April 29, 2013
- Medicaid Expansion | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer’s plan to expand Medicaid is being met with resistance from Republican lawmakers. Failure to do anything could result in the loss of some current federal funding for Medicaid in the state. The Arizona Republic reporter Mary K. Reinhart will provide the details.
November 28, 2011
- Debt Committee Failure | Video
- ASU Economist Dennis Hoffman discusses the failure of the congressional “super committee” to reach a deficit reduction deal and the impact on Arizona.
August 30, 2010
- Child Protective Services | Video
- Arizona Republic columnist Laurie Roberts talks about instances when Arizona’s Child Protective Services fails to protect children in its care from further abuse. She discusses her struggle to gain access to records in cases of a fatality and near fatality that, if made public, can help hold the agency accountable by giving the public a better understanding of what went wrong.
July 2, 2007
- Immigration bill reaction
- The Senate failed to pass an immigration bill last week. The failure of the bill occurred during the annual conference for the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials. Horizon was there, and reports on reaction from Hispanic leaders on the failure of the bill.