Search Results for: extend
July 28, 2015
- Proposition 104: Phoenix Public Transit Expansion | Video
- Phoenix’s Proposition 104 would increase and extend a current tax to pay for expansion of light rail and other transportation projects. Randal O’Toole, a Cato Institute Senior Fellow, will speak against the measure, while Phoenix city councilwoman Kate Gallego will speak in favor of it.
December 18, 2014
- Central Arizona Project Update | Video
- The Central Arizona Project is planning to ask the legislature to extend a four cent tax that pays for groundwater recharge and other costs. Also, water delivered by the canal could be decreased in the coming years because of drought. David Modeer, general manager of the Central Arizona Project, will discuss those issues.
June 18, 2014
- Chemotherapy for Prostate Cancer | Video
- Researchers have found a way to use an old treatment to extend the life of prostate cancer patients. Men who received a chemotherapy drug lived nearly 58 months versus 44 months for those not receiving it. The Mayo Clinic in Arizona was one of the sites for clinical trials for the drug study. Dr. Alan Bryce of the Mayo Clinic will discuss the treatment.
September 25, 2012
- Vote 2012: Prop 204 (Sales Tax Initiative) | Video
- A measure to permanently extend a one-cent state sales tax is on the November ballot. The Quality Education and Jobs initiative would use that money to pay for education and road, rail, transit and other transportation projects. Ann-Eve Pedersen, Chairman of the Quality Education and Jobs initiative, will speak for the initiative. State Treasurer Doug Ducey will talk in opposition to the measure.
July 18, 2012
- Sales Tax Extension | Video
- Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett rejected petition signatures for the Quality Education and Jobs Initiative, which would extend a one-cent state sales tax. Bennett said wording on petition sheets didn’t match what was given to his office electronically. A court hearing will be held on the rejection of the signatures. Mary Jo Pitzl of the Arizona Republic will tell us what the court decides.
February 24, 2011
- METRO Light Rail | Video
- A new federal budget proposal includes nearly $38 million to help extend METRO light rail line into downtown Mesa. METRO Light Rail CEO Steve Banta talks about the Mesa extension and other future projects.
November 23, 2009
- 1,000 Foot Free Power Line Extension | Video
- In the past, to encourage growth, landowners were not charged by APS for the first $25,000 of costs to extend power lines to their properties. The Arizona Corporation Commission has reversed that policy. Now, landowners must pay the complete cost of connecting their properties to a source of power. Critics say this has unfairly lowered property values and negatively impacted Arizona’s economy. Ted Simons will discuss the issue with Bobby Miller, a realtor representing Arizonans for Fair Power Policy and Sandy Bahr, Director of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club.