Search Results for: exhibit
November 27, 2013
- Mapping Art Exhibit | Video
- A new exhibit in Phoenix showcases more than 50 pieces of community artwork. Professional artists, novices, and even kindergarten students submitted pieces for the “Mapping: Movement and Memory” exhibit in the University Center on Arizona State University’s Downtown Phoenix campus. We’ll show you how a variety of community members incorporated motherhood, immigration, dance and architecture into the free exhibit which runs through December 6.
November 13, 2013
- AZ Technology and Innovation: Arizona Science Center Exhibit | Video
- The Arizona Science Center has a new exhibit that’s all about designing, creating and inventing. “Imaginate” is a completely hands-on exhibit that encourages kids to test out their ideas and theories. The 8,000 square-foot exhibit features a paper plane making station, a wind tunnel, dance room and stop-motion filmmaking. The exhibit runs through January 5th. We’ll give you a video tour.
August 29, 2013
- Arizona ArtBeat: Little Miss Tex Mex Exhibit | Video
- When you hear about an art exhibit, you might think watercolors, drawings or oil paintings, perhaps even sculptures. You may not think of prints made from wood or linoleum carvings, but a new exhibit at the Phoenix Central Library features these kinds of works. We’ll get an up close look at the work of local artist Donna Atwood and her exhibit, “Little Miss Tex Mex Rides Again.”
June 27, 2013
- Arizona ArtBeat: Video Game Art | Video
- “The Art of Video Games” is a Smithsonian American Art Museum exhibit currently on display at the Phoenix Art Museum. The exhibit displays the forty-year evolution of video games as an artistic medium. Chris Melissinos, the curator of the exhibition, and Jim Ballinger, chief curator for the Phoenix Art Museum, will discuss the display.
May 23, 2013
- Da Vinci – The Genius Exhibit | Video
- An Arizona Science Center exhibit titled “Da Vinci - The Genius” is the most comprehensive exhibition on Leonardo da Vinci to tour the world. It shows the full range of his genius as an inventor, artist, scientist, anatomist and more. The exhibit blends science, engineering, art and culture, and features a look at the secrets of the Mona Lisa. Sari Custer, director of guest experience at Arizona Science Center, will tell us more about the exhibit. Robert Bjork, director of the Arizona Center for Medieval & Renaissance Studies at Arizona State University and a world-renowned expert in medieval studies, will talk about da Vinci and his work.
August 9, 2012
- Johnny Franklin’s Celebrity Photos | Video
- The Sunnyslope Historical Society is hosting a free exhibition, "The Life and Times of Johnny Franklin", Sunday, August 12th, from 1-4pm. The exhibit features photographs and memorabilia belonging to the late Johnny Franklin, who photographed numerous performers visiting and living in the Valley of the Sun. Arizona music historian John Dixon provides a preview of the exhibition that includes photos of entertainment luminaries such as Elvis, the Rolling Stones, Fabian, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Fats Domino, and Phoenix’ own Wallace and Ladmo.
December 1, 2011
- Arizona ArtBeat: Bolo Ties | Video
- A look at the official state neckwear of Arizona with bolo tie aficionado Norman Sandfield. His collection of bolo ties is part of a new exhibit at the Heard Museum in Phoenix.
November 28, 2011
- Arizona Centennial: The Bolo Tie
- The bolo tie, Arizona’s official state neckwear since 1971, is featured in a new exhibit at the Heard Museum in Phoenix. Collector Norman Sandfried, who co-authored a book that accompanies the exhibit of American Indian-crafted ties, discusses the history and artistry of the bolo tie.
November 18, 2010
- Arizona ArtBeat | Video
- We explore an exhibit featuring the work of metal artists from Arizona State University’s School of Art. It’s a diverse collection of thought-provoking and, at times, humorous works created using a variety of techniques. We’ll visit the gallery, but we’ll also take you into the studios and minds of the artists. Small Metals – Big Ideas is this week’s focus for our ongoing series, Arizona ArtBeat on Horizon.
July 30, 2009
- Nick Cave Art Exhibit | Video
- We’ll take you on a tour of “Meet Me at the Center of the Earth,” a new exhibit at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary art featuring the work of artist Nick Cave.
March 19, 2009
December 15, 2008
- Chihuly Exhibit
- Frozen light are words often used to describe the brilliant, colorful blown-glass artwork of Dale Chihuly. HORIZON presents a video tour of his latest installation on display through May at Phoenix's Desert Botanical Garden.
March 28, 2007
- Rembrandt Exhibit
- Learn more about the highly anticipated art exhibit now on display at the Phoenix Art Museum. Several of the 17th century pieces were loaned to the museum by Holland's national art museum.
September 20, 2006
August 4, 2005
June 9, 2005
- ASU China Exhibit
- Arizona State University was the first university outside of China invited to participate in the country's annual celebration of science and technology. ASU's exhibit "Welcome to Mars" featured the university's Mars research team. KAET went along to give you an up-close look at the historic visit.