Search Results for: excess
October 21, 2014
- Sustainability: Phoenix-Tucson Water Agreement | Video
- Phoenix and Tucson have entered an agreement for Phoenix to store its excess Colorado River water in Tucson. The agreement is of mutual benefit to both cities. Arizona State University associate professor Dave White, who heads the Decision Center for a Desert City and studies water management decisions, will discuss the agreement.
May 19, 2014
- Nighttime Temperatures and Air Conditioning | Video
- A new report by Arizona State University Researchers reveals that nighttime temperatures in the Phoenix area actually increase one to two degrees because of the excess heat being released by air conditioners. Francisco Salamanca, a post-doctoral research scientist at Arizona State University’s School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, and ASU mathematics professor Alex Mahalov will discuss the report.
July 2, 2013
- AZ Giving & Leading: Waste Not | Video
- Waste Not is a Scottsdale-based organization that collects excess food from restaurants, resorts, caterers, grocers and others six days a week. That food, which would normally be tossed into the garbage, is taken to schools, daycare centers, senior facilities and other organizations to feed the hungry. Waste Not Executive Director Dee Mitten will tell us about her organization.
May 14, 2013
- Ozone Levels Alert | Video
- Temperatures are soaring, and that brings on an increase in ozone, which is created in a chemical reaction spurred by heat. Excess ozone levels can cause health problems. Randy Cerveny, a weather expert and professor of geographical sciences at Arizona State University, will explain how ozone is formed and talk about the heat.
July 20, 2011
- Excess State Revenue | Video
- The State of Arizona is on track to collect more tax revenues than projected when lawmakers passed the 2012 budget. State Senator Kyrsten Sinema
(D-Phoenix) and State Representative Justin Olson (R-Mesa) debate what the State should do with any extra money it collects.