Search Results for: engagement
August 19, 2014
- Arizona’s Future: Civic Engagement, O’Connor House | Video
- After serving on the highest court in the land, former United States Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor continues her commitment to service with the O’Connor House, which seeks to help increase voting rates. Find out what she has to say about her efforts to increase voting.
March 25, 2014
- Modern Governance Research | Video
- Congress has some of its lowest approval ratings ever. Arizona State University researchers will join an elite group of international experts to study ways to improve governance. Erik Johnston, director of the Center for Policy Informatics at Arizona State University, and Justin Longo, also of the Center for Policy Informatics, will help study new uses of technologies, data, and public engagement to design innovative government programs. Johnston and Longo will talk about their efforts.
October 16, 2013
- The Rascals | Video
- In the 1960s, The Rascals had number one hits like “Groovin,” “People Got to Be Free” and “A Beautiful Morning.” Now, the four original members of the Rascals will appear in a week long engagement at the Orpheum Theatre in Phoenix for a hybrid rock 'n' roll concert, Broadway show, theatrical experience and multimedia extravaganza called “Once Upon A Dream Starring the Rascals.” All four original band members, Felix Cavaliere, Eddie Brigati, Dino Danelli and Gene Cornish, will join Ted Simons to talk about their music, their show and their lives.
September 9, 2013
- AZ Giving & Leading: Fresh Start Women’s Foundation | Video
- Fresh Start Women’s Foundation is a Phoenix organization formed in 1992 by two women as a tribute to the life of their grandmother, who faced financial and emotional hardships. The mission of the foundation is to empower women to transform their lives through engagement and education. Some of the programs offered include career services, self-esteem and mentoring programs, and education services. Fresh Start President and CEO Susan Berman and a former client, Coleen Rossi, will talk about the organization.
May 22, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Eye Tracking Technology | Video
- The Technology Based Learning and Research Center in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College at Arizona State University announced a revolutionary mobile software tool developed along with Massively Parallel Technologies Inc. The tool is focused on optimizing a mobile eye-tracking application for smartphones and tablets using MPT’s Blue Cheetah software. TBLR’s Visual Engagement Mapping mobile application employs real-time eye tracking, a method used to ascertain students’ level of attention during an online lesson. Kevin Howard of Massively Parallel Technologies will talk about the new software.
April 10, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Intel International Science and Engineering Fair | Video
- The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair will be held May 12-17 at the Phoenix Convention Center, with aspiring scientists from all over the world competing. Renee Levin, Intel’s community engagement manager, will talk about the fair. Sarah Sakha, a student from Xavier High School, will talk about her winning project, which seeks to develop emergency food products used in famine relief.
September 17, 2012
April 26, 2012
- Arizona Town Hall: Civic Engagement | Video
- The 100th Arizona Town Hall is exploring the topic of civic engagement and how to get citizens more involved in their government and their communities. Guests include: Kelly Campbell Rawlings, an assistant Research Professor and Co-Director of the Participatory Governance Initiative for ASU’s School of Public Affairs; Jane Prescott-Smith, Managing Director of the National Institute of Civil Discourse at the UofA; and Alberto Olivas, Director of the Center for Civic Participation for Maricopa Community Colleges.
April 11, 2011
- Five Communities Project | Video
- The Center for the Future of Arizona has launched the Five Communities Project, an effort to help communities secure funding to implement their action plans in areas such as job creation, education, the environment and civic engagement. CFA Chairman and CEO Dr. Lattie Coor discusses the project’s goals.
August 10, 2010
September 12, 2006
- Voter Turnout
- Relatively low voter turnout is a continuing feature of American politics, particularly in primary elections. State and local elections officials, as well as political organizations in Arizona, are increasing efforts to raise the percentage of registered US voters who actually exercise their right to vote. What brings people to the polls on Election Day, or lulls them to a state of political apathy? We talk with ASU Political Science Professor Patrick Kenney about civic engagement in elections.