Search Results for: enforce
October 14, 2014
- Vote 2014: Proposition 122, Sovereignty Amendment | Video
- Proposition 122 would allow Arizona to decline to use state and local tax money to enforce what proponents of the constitutional amendment say is bad federal law. Jonathan Paton of the Yes on 122 campaign and Sandy Bahr, director of the Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club, will debate the pros and cons of the measure.
July 2, 2014
- 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act | Video
- The Civil Rights Act was enacted on July 2, 1964 and prohibits discrimination of all kinds based on race, color, religion, or national origin. It also provides the federal government with the powers to enforce desegregation. Civil rights activist Dr. Warren Stewart of the First Institutional Baptist Church in Phoenix and Matthew Whitaker, an Arizona State University Foundation professor of History, will discuss the law and its impact.
March 6, 2014
- Patent Trolls | Video
- Patent Trolls are organizations or persons that sue to enforce patents, even though there is no intent or even capability of producing the product. Companies that are sued may settle cases they consider frivolous for hundreds of thousands of dollars, because defending against a case can cost much more. Attorney Brian LaCorte of Ballard Spahr in Phoenix will discuss the issue of patent trolls.
May 19, 2010
- Immigration Law Enforcement Guidelines | Video
- Lyle Mann, executive director of the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST), shares the proposed training guidelines to enforce Arizona’s new immigration law.
October 16, 2007
- Cronkite-Eight Poll
- What do Arizonans think about the employer sanctions law? Do they think local police should enforce federal immigration laws? Find out, as we release the results of the latest Cronkite/Eight Poll. Poll Director Bruce Merrill and Associate Director Tara Blanc will dissect the results.
Read the complete poll results.
August 30, 2006
- Protect Our City
- A group that wants to require Phoenix police officers and other city employees to enforce federal immigration laws has collected enough signatures to put the measure to a public vote. Randy Pullen, chairman of Protect Our City and Jake Jacobsen, president of the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association weigh in on the issue.
July 19, 2006
- Human Smuggling 'Coyote Law'
- A Maricopa County Superior Court Judge threw out the first case under the human smuggling 'Coyote Law'. Some interpret the new ruling as a blow to both the Maricopa County Attorney's and the Sheriff's Offices effort to curb the flow of illegal immigrants. Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas and Sheriff Joe Arpaio join Michael Grant to talk about the ruling and their attempts to enforce the 'Coyote Law'.