Search Results for: employee
July 6, 2015
- Same-sex Marriage Ruling Impact on Employers | Video
- The effects of the United States Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage will impact employers. Brent Kleinman, a local attorney, will talk what employers need to know when updating their employee handbooks, offering benefits and more in light of the ruling.
April 5, 2012
- Government Employee Compensation | Video
- A debate over how compensation for government employees compares to the private sector with Nick Dranias of the Goldwater Institute and ASU political science professor Dave Wells.
May 25, 2011
- State Pension Changes | Video
- During the recent legislative session, lawmakers made several changes to Arizona’s state employee pension systems. Labor groups have threatened to sue saying some of those changes are unconstitutional. Employment attorney John Balitis shares his legal analysis of whether or not the changes pass constitutional muster.
February 10, 2011
- State Pension Reform | Video
- House Speaker Kirk Adams has introduced legislation to reform Arizona's public employee pension system. Among other things it would raise the retirement age, increase employee's payments and eliminate cost-of-living increases. Speaker Adams discusses.
May 22, 2007
- Arizona Military Affairs: Reservist and Guard Rights
- Federal law protects the employment reinstatement rights of Reserve and National Guard members returning from active duty. Butch Wise, executive director of the Arizona Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Committee, joins us to talk about the conflicts that can occur between civilian employers and Reservists over an employee's military commitment.
October 20, 2005
- state Worker Pay
- Arizona state employee pay ranks near the bottom when compared to other states, and even to other governments locally. A legislative panel is working to bring state workers pay more in line with other similar public and private sector jobs. State Senator Jay Tibshraeny, co-chair of a legislative panel addressing the problem, will talk about what's being proposed.